Schedule for next release of Git Plugin?

Christian Galsterer

May 27, 2015, 12:42:53 PM5/27/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

when is the next release of the Git plugin planned? Some changes we need are already merged but they are not yet released.
Would be nice to get the new release soon.

Br
Christian

Mark Waite

May 27, 2015, 1:25:42 PM5/27/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

The most recent release allowed in a few regressions (my apologies, I didn't test it throughly enough).  We would like to be more thorough testing the next release.

If you're willing to help with the testing, a build containing most of the changes likely to be included in the next release is at:

https://jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com/job/plugins/job/git-plugin/818/org.jenkins-ci.plugins$git/

Note, that is not the current tip of the master branch.  That build is the tip of the master branch plus a pull request to fix JENKINS-28506.

Thanks,
Mark Waite

Christian Galsterer

Jun 4, 2015, 2:30:40 AM6/4/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I installed the mentioned versions and did some tests in our staging environment where we test upgrades before we apply them to the production system and I didn't encounter any problems. Features used:

- clone with SSH
- local branch
- Merge before build
- Stash browser

Christian Galsterer

Jun 7, 2015, 4:07:16 AM6/7/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
More details on test setup:
  • clone with SSH from local repository using Git as Git implementation
  • local branch
  • Merge before build
  • Stash browser
  • Clone timeout