change configuration order

CORNELIA SARBU

Sep 19, 2016, 7:23:54 AM9/19/16
to Jenkins Developers

Hello,
 do you know if I can change the job configuration order?

right now in the ob configuration page I can see the elements if the Order bellow:
1- Project Name
2- Descripton
3- discard Old builds
4- Block Build if certain jobs are runninc
5- Project Number(ID) - this was added by me

I would like to change a little bit the order , to have Project Number(ID) on the second position, just bellow the Project Name

Daniel Beck

Sep 19, 2016, 1:34:42 PM9/19/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
That is not possible unless you resort to weird "solutions" like reordering form elements in JavaScript.

Here's the responsible Jelly file showing that name and description are fixed:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/blob/38de41d14296f977901f2567f30994859a6badc3/core/src/main/resources/hudson/model/Job/configure.jelly#L47...L56

You should be able to go above "Discard Old Builds" through descriptor ordering though -- but note the Javadoc comment for it:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/blob/38de41d14296f977901f2567f30994859a6badc3/core/src/main/java/hudson/Extension.java#L82

Daniel