Planning for contributing a New Plugin for Discarding Builds

Nisarg Shah

Jun 9, 2019, 4:45:03 AM6/9/19
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Everyone,
Currently there are many issues regarding old build discarder plugins such as discard-old-build-plugin and enhanced-old-builld-discarder and also the current discarder startegy "LogRotator".
And also the strategy does not work as expected. You can find other issues and problems here suggested by Martin D'Anjou and where improvement is needed.

So I am planning to make a new plugin which includes solution to some of the problems. I had made my GSoC Proposal this year for this project but was not selected due to some reasons. But I decided to contribute anyways.
Implementation steps are included in my GSoC Proposal, and will try to make it better.

I am also planning to include featutres which will solve few Jira issues, which are JENKINS-12165JENKINS-1182JENKINS-3433JENKINS-48715
Gitter chat room for this discarder project is : https://gitter.im/jenkinsci/gsoc-build-discarder-project.

Looking for suggestions and support. I would be happy and thankful if anyone is interested in guiding me for implementation of this plugin.

Thanks and Regards,
Nisarg Shah
Github : nisarg1499