Adopt flowdock plugin?

Tim Downey

Feb 20, 2017, 1:53:10 PM2/20/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

I wasn't sure on the process for adopting a potentially abandoned plugin.  I'm interest in adopting the flowdock plugin if in fact it is abandoned.  I reached out to the maintainer from the wiki, but got a bounce and can see that there are several outstanding PRs.  I have a change just about ready for a PR as well.  I'd be happy to adopt the plugin but wasn't quite sure on the etiquette for finding out if a plugin has been abandoned.

Thanks!
Tim

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 21, 2017, 6:56:48 AM2/21/17
to Jenkins Developers, an...@flowdock.com, Mark Waite
Hi Tim,

So the first step is to try contacting the current maintainer and FlowDock just to get feedback from them.

I have added Antti Pitkanen to Cc. In addition, I have added Mark Waite to Cc. He is an active Jenkins contributor and also the director at CA technologies, which owns FlowDock now. So I suppose he is the best entry point if Antti is not available.

Best regards,
Oleg

Tim Downey

Feb 21, 2017, 7:51:18 AM2/21/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, an...@flowdock.com, Mark Waite
Thanks Oleg.  I got a bounce from Antti and wasn't sure if we was still with the company.

Hello Mark & Antti -- I'm interested in helping out with the Flowdock plugin.  I have a few enhancements in progress, one is for configurable content and subjects as opposed to the auto-generated content and another is direct support for Jenkins pipeline.  I have a PR ready for the first and will submit.

Thanks!
Tim

Tim Downey