Call for Jenkins Cloud Interoperability Articles - Submit by Aug 20

Roxanne Joncas

Jul 22, 2021, 2:08:40 PM7/22/21
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG

Dear Jenkins Community,

The Continuous Delivery Foundation is preparing a Jenkins-themed Newsletter for September. The topic will be “Paving the way for Jenkins interoperability in the Cloud.”

We are currently accepting article submissions. The articles will be posted on the cd.foundation blog and the best ones will be included in the newsletter.

  • Content Deadline: Friday, August 20
  • Format: GDoc
  • Length: Depends on the type of article, some have more text, some more images, some more code. Trust your judgement.

Submit here: https://cd.foundation/cdf-blog-submission-form/

Here are sample articles for your reference:

Let me know if you have any questions,

Regards,

Roxanne Joncas

CD.Foundation Editor

Oleg Nenashev

Jul 27, 2021, 8:22:37 AM7/27/21
to Roxanne Joncas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Hello Rozanne,

Thanks for reaching out! I will promote it in the community.
It is unlikely that I will be able to submit a blog on my own due to some limitations, but we definitely have many community members who would be interested to share their stories and plans.

Best regards,.
Oleg

Kara de la Marck

Jul 29, 2021, 12:42:15 PM7/29/21
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Hi Roxanne,

Fantastic idea for a newsletter! I'd love to see articles on the CloudEvents plugin for Jenkins and the Tekton client plugin, and will encourage articles by the individuals who have been developing those plugins. 🎉In addition, there is a lot of interoperability work that is happening, both ongoing and new, in the Jenkins project. Conversations with colleagues have led to interesting and varied potential articles suggested, so this should be an excellent newsletter!

Thank you for proposing and putting this newsletter together!

Best wishes,
Kara

Roxanne Joncas

Aug 2, 2021, 3:17:50 AM8/2/21
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Thank you, Oleg!

Kara, that's exciting. I love all the article ideas! Feel free to put me in touch directly with the authors

Mark Waite

Aug 2, 2021, 8:41:05 AM8/2/21
to Roxanne Joncas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
I'd like to write an article on hardware interoperability with Jenkins using Arm processors in the cloud.  I hope to create a draft Google Doc for review and discussion with others before I submit it to you.

Alyssa Tong

Aug 2, 2021, 11:42:03 AM8/2/21
to Mark Waite, Roxanne Joncas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
I will find a Jenkins user story or 2 on this theme to include in the newsletter as well.

Thank you Roxanne for leading this effort

Have a great week.

Roxanne Joncas

Aug 2, 2021, 12:54:40 PM8/2/21
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Thank you, Alyssa, that sounds good.

+1 Mark. Looking forward to it.

Roxanne Joncas

Aug 16, 2021, 9:37:09 AM8/16/21
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Hi everyone, just a reminder that the article submission deadline is this Friday.

I'm available if you have questions or want early feedback :)

Alyssa Tong

Aug 16, 2021, 10:55:23 AM8/16/21
to Roxanne Joncas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Thank you Roxanne for the reminder. I'll get my articles to you before then.

br,
alyssa

Roxanne Joncas

Aug 19, 2021, 5:30:40 AM8/19/21
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Kara, any news on the potential articles about the CloudEvents plugin for Jenkins and the Tekton client plugin?

Mark, how's it going with your article about hardware interoperability with Jenkins using Arm processors in the cloud?

Mark Waite

Aug 19, 2021, 7:32:10 AM8/19/21
to Roxanne Joncas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Thanks for checking.  I should have a draft article ready by the end of the day today.

Alyssa Tong

Aug 20, 2021, 2:10:28 AM8/20/21
to Mark Waite, Roxanne Joncas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG

Roxanne Joncas

Aug 20, 2021, 10:03:41 AM8/20/21
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Thank you, Mark (I received you're article) and Alyssa for the links.

Mark Waite

Aug 20, 2021, 12:04:16 PM8/20/21
to Roxanne Joncas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Thanks.  I've applied all the edits you suggested.  Thanks for the editing!