JCommander release tags

Isuru Perera

May 4, 2017, 12:20:25 PM5/4/17
to jcommander
Hi,

The current JCommander version is 1.71, but I don't see a tag in https://github.com/cbeust/jcommander/releases

What could be the reason for that?

Cédric Beust ♔

May 4, 2017, 12:26:56 PM5/4/17
to jcommander
Just an oversight, fixed now.

--
Cédric

Isuru Perera

May 6, 2017, 11:44:06 PM5/6/17
to jcomm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!
--

Isuru Perera

Jun 7, 2017, 8:06:42 AM6/7/17
to jcomm...@googlegroups.com
I used 1.71 from jcenter maven repository.

I also don't see a tag for 1.72 in GitHub.

How does the release process work for JCommander project?

Do we need to use jcenter hereafter? Since latest version is already available in Maven Central.

Cédric Beust ♔

Jun 7, 2017, 12:46:42 PM6/7/17
to jcommander
Yes, I recommend using JCenter primarily. I always release to JCenter first, and Maven Central optionally.

--
Cédric

Isuru Perera

Jun 7, 2017, 2:09:27 PM6/7/17
to jcomm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Cédric!

So, how do you tag the release? I don't see 1.72 in https://github.com/cbeust/jcommander/releases

Markus Karg

Sep 8, 2020, 1:06:17 PM9/8/20
to jcommander
I assume your preference for JCenter still is the same in 2020, so in case a project depends on jCommander, will it make sense to explicitly add a static repository declaration in its POM (which is considered a bad practice in the Maven world, but at least makes it build for all those developers on earth that do not have a private or local repo declaration for JCommander)?

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 5:06 AM, Isuru Perera <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:
I used 1.71 from jcenter maven repository.

I also don't see a tag for 1.72 in GitHub.

How does the release process work for JCommander project?

Do we need to use jcenter hereafter? Since latest version is already available in Maven Central.
On Sun, May 7, 2017 at 9:13 AM, Isuru Perera <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you!

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 9:56 PM, Cédric Beust ♔ <ced...@beust.com> wrote:
Just an oversight, fixed now.

--
Cédric

On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 1:11 AM, Isuru Perera <chris...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

The current JCommander version is 1.71, but I don't see a tag in https://github.com/cbeust/jcommander/releases

What could be the reason for that?

Cédric Beust ♔

Sep 8, 2020, 1:09:08 PM9/8/20
to jcommander
Hi Markus,

I'm not familiar with this feature. These days, pretty much everyone resolves their dependencies from both Maven Central and JCenter, so I'm not overly worried about this.

--
Cédric