Quiesce database for storage snap backup

Ben Compton

Jun 18, 2021, 4:41:24 PM6/18/21
to jB...@googlegroups.com
All,

I have a customer running jBASE on VMware served by NetApp storage… Currently they are taking application based backups… However, I REALLY want to switch them to backups using Veeam to orchestrate an application consistent snap based backup… Since it is my understanding the database is like a large text file; corruption is always a concern.

The Veeam backup takes a vSphere consistency snap and then sends an API to the storage array to take a snap… Then kicks off the array based replication of said Snap to a DR target…

Is there a pre or post Quiesce type call I can add to make sure jBASE gets backed up correctly?

Thanks,

Ben Compton

859-494-1795 - Mobile

Autocorrected by iPhone

bdeck...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2021, 4:55:20 PM6/18/21
to jBASE

Zumasys

Jun 19, 2021, 2:14:06 PM6/19/21
to jBASE
Here is a Veeam specific article: https://docs.zumasys.com/jbase/faq/backups-using-veeam/

Please reach out to support if you need any additional help.

Jim Idle

Jun 20, 2021, 11:48:35 PM6/20/21
to jBASE
They are not using transaction boundaries? Physical snapshots won't help you with logical database consistency. On a side note, if using NetApp, why not just move everything to AWS - cheaper, faster, etc.

IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

To post, send email to jB...@googlegroups.com

Ben Compton

Jun 21, 2021, 11:42:52 AM6/21/21
to jb...@googlegroups.com

They use mainly Azure… This is a LARGE GLOBAL manufacturing company and each site has a dedicated jBASE FlexPod

Thanks,

Ben Compton

859-494-1795