jBase 5.8 compiler requirements

Marc

Nov 2, 2021, 9:00:47 AM11/2/21
to jBASE
Hello all!

Recently upgraded from 5.2 to 5.8.  Ran the setup wizard that confirmed a suitable compiler was installed.  Recompiled all the existing programs.

Been having weird compilation scenarios (ie. compiler doesn't seem to write program to BIN unless previous version has been manually deleted, READSEQ reads 1024 block rather than stopping at end-of-line markers, Accuterm 7 Host programs won't install, etc.).

System has both Visual Studio 9.0 and Visual Studio (2019) and both MS SDKs and SDKs 10 installed in Program Files (x86) and Program Files respectively.

jDiag shows that both INCLUDE and LIB point to the older versions, same as the jDiag from the 5.2 install.  How can I tell if the correct compiler was/is being used in 5.8?

Assuming the wrong compiler, if I change the environment variables I assume I have to re-re-compile the source code?

All assistance, as always, will be appreciated.

jdiag.out

Mvreply

Nov 2, 2021, 9:06:34 AM11/2/21
to jb...@googlegroups.com

Marc,

Please open a jBASE support ticket via sup...@zumasys.com or dev...@jbase.com and your questions and issues will be addressed there.

Also, did you read either of the following:

https://docs.zumasys.com/jbase/administration/installation-guides/windows/jbase-5-8-windows-installation-guide/

https://docs.zumasys.com/jbase/administration/installation-guides/windows/upgrading-to-5.8-windows/

Answers would be appreciated in your support ticket.

Thanks,

Mike

IMPORTANT: T24/Globus posts are no longer accepted on this forum.

To post, send email to jB...@googlegroups.com