Nb of opened files chart

Adrian Acosta Mitjans

Jun 3, 2022, 5:55:14 PM6/3/22
to javamelody
Hello everyone,
My team is currently using javamelody in several projects. In all of those projects, we can see the "Nb of opened files" chart in the production environment, not being so on developer environment, and we can't find a different between those environments. This is true for all the projects.

So my questions is: Is there any configuration or any special rule or condition for javamelody to show this chart?

We try in developer environment java 8, 11 and 17 and javamelody 1.71.0 and prod and 1.71.0 and 1.91.0 in dev.

Thanks in advance

Emeric Vernat

Jun 3, 2022, 5:59:54 PM6/3/22
to javam...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yes, there is a condition to have "nb of opened files", use Linux or Unix. This jvm metric is not available when using Windows like your dev OS.

Bye,
Emeric

Adrian Acosta Mitjans

Jun 4, 2022, 8:55:14 AM6/4/22
to javamelody
Thanks, good to know that, but is not the issue I'm facing on, while it's true that my dev OS is Windows, my test environment  (taken from javamelody) is:

OS: Linux, 5.15.0-33-generic, amd64/64 (4 cores)
Java: OpenJDK Runtime Environment, 11.0.15+10-Ubuntu-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM, 11.0.15+10-Ubuntu-0ubuntu0.22.04.1, mixed mode, sharing
Server: Apache Tomcat/9.0.62

Emeric Vernat

Jun 4, 2022, 9:11:15 AM6/4/22
to javam...@googlegroups.com
What do you see for java.lang.OperatingSystem of the ... /monitoring?part=mbeans page ?