JATOS Experiment is gone

Rebecca Ghim

Aug 31, 2020, 4:14:21 AM8/31/20
to JATOS
I logged into Jatos because I was logged out due to inactivity, but my experiment is gone. Can someone explain to me why this is and how I retrieve my data?

I've gotten a lot of results from it that I need for my project, so please let me know how I can get it back! Thank you!

Elisa Filevich

Aug 31, 2020, 4:18:00 AM8/31/20
to JATOS
Hi Rebecca,

Which server did you use?
Was it a server hosted on your university? In that case you should contact your IT admin to see if they have a backup.
Or did you use https://cortex.jatos.org/? If you used our cortex server, we explain that the server gets reset every 24 hours and should not be used to run your studies, for this reason  http://www.jatos.org/JATOS-Tryout-Server.html

Best
Elisa

On 31. Aug 2020, at 10:12 AM, Rebecca Ghim <ghim.stella...@gmail.com> wrote:

I logged into Jatos because I was logged out due to inactivity, but my experiment is gone. Can someone explain to me why this is and how I retrieve my data?

I've gotten a lot of results from it that I need for my project, so please let me know how I can get it back! Thank you!

Rebecca Ghim

Aug 31, 2020, 4:24:27 AM8/31/20
to ja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elisa,

Yes I used cortex.jatos.org, but it hasn’t been 24 hrs yet, so it shouldn’t have been reset. Is there any to retrieve the data?

Rebecca

Elisa Filevich

Aug 31, 2020, 4:27:08 AM8/31/20
to JATOS
Hi Rebecca,

Well it gets reset every 24 hours, so it's likely that it caught you.
No, sorry, there is no way to retrieve your data. The docs are clear about this.
We offer another a different server, also for free (but be sure to check with us before using it: http://www.jatos.org/JATOS-server-during-the-COVID-19-pandemic.html)

Rebecca Ghim

Aug 31, 2020, 5:53:18 AM8/31/20
to ja...@googlegroups.com
Elisa,

I see, thank you! Just to make sure, If I export the results, those will be saved right?

Rebecca

Elisa Filevich

Aug 31, 2020, 5:56:49 AM8/31/20
to ja...@googlegroups.com
If you export the results they will be stored on your local computer, so yes.
But the cortex server has some limitations in terms of traffic, memory, etc. These are partially due to financial limitations (we pay for a given plan on the cloud provider, and not more). Please use the dedicated
Experiments server for this, which we have better control over.

Best
Elisa