server does not record the data of the dropouts?

Julius Fenn

Dec 12, 2020, 11:59:06 AM12/12/20
to JATOS

Hi,

I constructed a questionnaire in labjs and exported the experiment to JATOS*. But somehow the server does not record the data of the dropouts (collected data up to the moment of dropout). For individuals who answered the entire experiment, the data are complete. (The problem does not seem to depend on different "worker links".). The problem looks as follows:

Best regards and thank you in advance for your help,

Julius

Elisa Filevich

Dec 13, 2020, 7:42:17 AM12/13/20
to ja...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julius,

I'm not too familiar with the details of lab.js but I suspect this doesn't have to do with the server side, but instead with how the experimental scripts themselves are written.
Are you sure that lab.js sends data more than once? In general, because each time you send data to the server you have internet traffic and put load on the server, we don't recommend that data are sent after every single trial (or in your case, response). But it might be worth sending data after every (say) 5th or 10th response, depending on how important each item is.
Essentially, you should look at your code (or as Felix, the developer from lab.js) to see if this behaviour is expected and how to change it.

Hope this helps
Best
Elisa