can't removel an already DISABLED index and can't rebuild index with the same propertykey name

瀏覽次數:22 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

gaming CG

未讀,
2019年10月21日 上午10:08:592019/10/21
收件者:JanusGraph users
In my work,i disabled a composite index inorder to remove it,I have confirm that the index status is DISABLE, but it can't be remove by SchamaAction.REMOVE_INDEX operation. when i check the index, it still shows up in management interface as DISABLED(official document say this is normal), but i can't rebuild index with the same propertykey name

Shubhram Mohanty

未讀,
2019年10月21日 晚上10:11:222019/10/21
收件者:janusgra...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

I had experienced the same issue, where I had an use case to rebuild the index. You are right on what you mentioned about the official documentation.

So, the trick that I applied here was after REMOVE_INDEX operation, I renamed the corresponding index to something as <current_index_name>_hash_generated_key
With a precautionary check that this name doesn’t exist already in the schema.

As already mentioned in the documentation that after REMOVE_INDEX operation, janus only keeps index definition information and no data as such, there is not much wastage of memory as well.

With that said, you can easily proceed to build your index with that name again. Hope, it solves your use case.

Regards,
Shubhram

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019 at 19:39, gaming CG <17600...@163.com> wrote:
In my work,i disabled a composite index inorder to remove it,I have confirm that the index status is DISABLE, but it can't be remove by SchamaAction.REMOVE_INDEX operation. when i check the index, it still shows up in management interface as DISABLED(official document say this is normal), but i can't rebuild index with the same propertykey name

Pino Chang

未讀,
2019年10月22日 凌晨4:29:522019/10/22
收件者:JanusGraph users
Hi ,
thank you for your useful case. This trick is sovled my issue.

Thanks again!
Pino

在 2019年10月22日星期二 UTC+8上午10:11:22,Shubhram Mohanty写道:
[...]

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息