Typical insert speed of janusgraph?

Alan Wang

Nov 4, 2019, 9:54:51 AM11/4/19
to JanusGraph users
Hi all,

Thank you for reading this.

I am trying to write a large amount of data into janusgraph with cql. The problem I meet was that the create speed was slow, about 300 edges per second.

The gremlin statement is probably like this:

g.addE('EDGE').from(g.V(id1)).to(g.V(id2)).property('name', name).next()

I've used multithreading in one transaction, it's really faster than a single thread, but it's not particularly obvious.

What is the typical write TPS of janusgraph? Is normal 300 new edges per second?

Abhay Pandit

Nov 4, 2019, 11:38:54 AM11/4/19
to janusgra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

I guess 300 edges per second is pretty much good speed with normal ingestion.

Also try scaling elastic & cassandra if that helps to scale more.

Here bulkloader vertex program can also be useful.
With Bulk loader Vertex Program I am able to create 3.8 M vertex in 9 min and 1M edges in 20 min.

Thanks,
Abhay

Alan Wang