Janus Graph support for HBase 2.0.0 and Solr 6.x

Sarath Kumar

Oct 10, 2017, 9:37:56 PM10/10/17
to JanusGraph users
Hello,

We are planning to replace Titan DB with JanusGraph for Apache Atlas. I noticed in version compatibility of Janus graph that it supports HBase (0.98.z, 1.0.z, 1.1.z, 1.2.z) and Solr (5.2.z) versions.

We would like to run JanusGraph against the latest release version of HBase and Solr.

My question - Is there support planned for HBase 2.0.x and Solr 6.x/7.x in the near future? If so what would be the timeline to expect the support.

Thanks,
Sarath Subramanian

Misha Brukman

Oct 10, 2017, 9:45:10 PM10/10/17
to Sarath Kumar, JanusGraph users
The upcoming JanusGraph 0.2.0 will be compatible with HBase 1.3.z and Solr 6.x / 7.x (see compatible versions in GitHub; it's a bit hard to read because it's not formatted properly, but it's there). The URL you linked to is for the current release (0.1.1).

HBase 2.0 support hasn't yet been started, so it's hard to tell what the ETA is for that.

Jason Plurad

Oct 10, 2017, 9:54:50 PM10/10/17
to JanusGraph users
We have not done compatibility testing against HBase 2.0.0-alpha-3. Do you have some info on when HBase 2.0 will release?

I'd also note that the stable link on the HBase site still points at the HBase 1.2.x stream.

On Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 9:45:10 PM UTC-4, Misha Brukman wrote:
The upcoming JanusGraph 0.2.0 will be compatible with HBase 1.3.z and Solr 6.x / 7.x (see compatible versions in GitHub; it's a bit hard to read because it's not formatted properly, but it's there). The URL you linked to is for the current release (0.1.1).

HBase 2.0 support hasn't yet been started, so it's hard to tell what the ETA is for that.

Jerry He

Oct 10, 2017, 11:24:57 PM10/10/17
to JanusGraph users
Could you share why you (Atlas) are looking to HBase 2.0?
There are going to be 2.0.0-alpha4 and beta's.  It will be a few months away, optimistically.
We can start the working to supporting it based on the pre-release artifacts.  But a JanusGraph with it will be in future JanusGraph release.

Thanks,

Jerry

On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Sarath Kumar wrote:
Hello,

We are planning to replace Titan DB with JanusGraph for Apache Atlas. I noticed in version compatibility of Janus graph that it supports HBase (0.98.z, 1.0.z, 1.1.z, 1.2.z) and Solr (5.2.z) versions.

We would like to run JanusGraph against the latest release version of HBase and Solr.

My question - Is there support planned for HBase 2.0.x and Solr 6.x/7.x in the near future? If so what would be the timeline to expect the support.

Thanks,
Sarath Subramanian

Sarath Kumar

Oct 16, 2017, 1:12:53 PM10/16/17
to JanusGraph users
In the next HDP release we are planning to include HBase 2.0 in the stack. We want Atlas to work against this HBase version. Atlas currently uses an outdated Titan version as its graph store (0.5.4). We want to upgrade Atlas to start using JanusGraph.

HBase 2.0 is expected to release early 2018 (not confirmed).

Thanks,
Sarath