Issue while retrieving edge

Amiya

Jun 23, 2020, 11:40:56 AM6/23/20
to JanusGraph users
Hi,

I am facing some weird issue. Till now I discovered only for one vertex.

There is a particular vertex having 30K edges.
When I try to fetch some number of edges among them, sometime I get edges exactly less by 1 number.

g.V().has('vid', 'xyz').bothE().count()
==> 30000

g.V().has('vid', 'xyz').bothE().limit(5000).count()
==> 4999

When I try with some other number of samples, It returns correct result upto a point let's say 3500. After that problem occurs.

That means if I say fetch 3500 or 3501, I get 3500 records only.

How it can happen? Anyone faced before? What is the solution?

Regards,
Amiya

Raghavendar T S

Jun 24, 2020, 4:25:42 AM6/24/20
to janusgra...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I have seen a similar behaviour in Datastax Graph/Cassandra. Basically If you are going to query using gremlin query (E.g. valueMap()), the graph engine will convert the gremlin query into cassandra query with max default limit 50000. Basically you cannot retrieve the results beyond the limit 50000 though your filter condition matches more than 50000 records. Still count transversal will work to return valid results where the default limit is not added by the graph engine. Correct me If I am wrong.

@Amiya We will look for more appropriate answers.

Thank you

Raghavendar T S

Amiya

Jun 28, 2020, 4:05:33 PM6/28/20
to JanusGraph users
Thanks Raghavendar for the response.
For my uses case, I see this issue only for one vertex with lower count such as 3500, graph provides correct result for other vertex even with large number than this.

It might be some issue at storage layer, I will try to dig it further with debug log enabling, if I found anything I will post it back.

Amiya