Janusgraph remote connection

dimi...@gmail.com

May 11, 2020, 6:51:50 AM5/11/20
to JanusGraph users
Hello all i would like some help since i cannot find something online. I want to connect remotely to a Gremlin server and take a JanusGraph Instance.

i was testing with this and I could get back a JanusGraph

 JanusGraphFactory.open(configuration Map).traversal().withRemote(DriverRemoteConnection.using(cluster());

But then with the new version of Tinkerpop withRemote is deprecated.Then i followed what they were saying to use Anonymous Graph Traversal
GraphTraversalSource g = AnonymousTraversalSource.traversal().withRemote(DriverRemoteConnection.using(cluster()));

JanusGraph graph = (JanusGraph) g.getGraph();

but the i get an error the I cannot cast an EmptyGraph.

If anybody has an idea how can i can connect to a remote gremlin server and take a JanusGraph instance please share. I want the instance in order to be able to use the Management API.

Thanks

Stephen Mallette

May 12, 2020, 8:18:43 AM5/12/20
to janusgra...@googlegroups.com
You can not communicate with the Management API from a remote traversal. This answer on SO explains further: