Few Vertex can't be retrived through properties which are used to create UNIQUE INDEX,But can get with other properties

Krishna Sailesh

Jun 5, 2020, 9:56:18 AM6/5/20
to JanusGraph users
Hi,

we have a unique composite Index on vertices with two properties id, name. trying to get the vertex with id,name we cant retrive the vertex, but we can retrieve the vertex with other properties of the vertex.

is this indexing issue? if yes, why this is not happening with other vertices?
if reindexing can solve the issue, can you please suggest the best way to reindex the vertices?

Thanks
Krishna Jalla

Abhay Pandit

Jun 5, 2020, 10:11:33 AM6/5/20
to janusgra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Krishna,

What backend database and index store are you using?

Thanks,
Abhay

Krishna Sailesh

Jun 5, 2020, 10:45:04 AM6/5/20
to JanusGraph users
Hi Abhay

i am using Cassandra as backend database and elastic search for indexing

Thanks
Krishna Jalla

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 at 19:26, Krishna Sailesh <krishna...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

we have a unique composite Index on vertices with two properties id, name. trying to get the vertex with id,name we cant retrive the vertex, but we can retrieve the vertex with other properties of the vertex.

is this indexing issue? if yes, why this is not happening with other vertices?
if reindexing can solve the issue, can you please suggest the best way to reindex the vertices?

Thanks
Krishna Jalla

Abhay Pandit

Jun 5, 2020, 11:28:07 AM6/5/20
to janusgra...@googlegroups.com
Great, I too have been having such kind of issues and with my personal experience I have seen that data is getting committed in cassandra but it's not getting committed to Elastic properly and this is mostly due to elastic failures.

Are you using Bulk-Loader to load data?

Thanks,
Abhay

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-users/a796f7d7-9254-4da7-9928-ecf0f9e835bbo%40googlegroups.com.

Krishna Sailesh

Jun 8, 2020, 3:18:50 AM6/8/20
to JanusGraph users
Hi Abhay,

Thanks for your response, i am not using bulk loader to load data.

can reindexing helps to solve this issue? if yes, can you please suggest the best way?

Thanks
Krishna Jalla

Abhay Pandit

Jun 8, 2020, 10:17:48 AM6/8/20
to janusgra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Krishna,

I think re-indexing will not solve this issue. Still you can try it once if it helps.
I took an approach to drop the difference of data from Cassandra and Elastic and re-ingest it.

For dropping use vertex id.

Thanks,
Abhay

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/janusgraph-users/a47d526e-5263-4b65-903d-c9f9d44ec9d7o%40googlegroups.com.