Create a keyspace with additional parameters

Андрей Лакшман

Aug 25, 2020, 11:30:32 AM8/25/20
to JanusGraph users
Good day!
1) I use JanusGraph in conjunction with ScyllaDB. I am planning to use  ScyllaDB in a clustered version. For this I need to not just create a keyspace: storage.cql.keyspace=janusgraph
And create it with additional parameters: WITH replication = {'class': 'NetworkTopologyStrategy', 'replication_factor': 3}

Is it real? If so, how can I do this?
2) Do I understand correctly that  JanusGraph creates a  keyspace  once and then works with it without deleting it? And he makes all further changes in this  keyspace?

If so, then it turns out I can just make the changes I need to the already created keyspace?

HadoopMarc

Aug 25, 2020, 12:06:40 PM8/25/20
to JanusGraph users
Hi Andrei,

In the file conf/janusgraph-cql.properties that you use to first open the graph, you can simply add a line:

      storage.cql.replication-factor=3

Also check the other config parameters at:

as well as their associated mutability levels.

HTH,    Marc

Андрей Лакшман

Aug 26, 2020, 3:10:20 AM8/26/20
to janusgra...@googlegroups.com
WOW, Great answer, thank you very much!

I'll just clarify if there is a way to specify the type of replication strategy in the file  janusgraph-cql.properties  ? This is an important parameter for the scylla cluster, there are two types of them: SimpleStrategy and NetworkTopologyStrategy. These types must match the information in the scylla config file - this is important for the operation of the cluster.

вт, 25 авг. 2020 г. в 19:06, HadoopMarc <bi...@xs4all.nl>:

С уважением,
Метелкин Андрей

Андрей Лакшман

Aug 26, 2020, 3:42:24 AM8/26/20
to janusgra...@googlegroups.com
I suppose it should look like this:  storage.cql.class=SimpleStrategy    I'm right?

Unfortunately, I'm not good at CQL.

Андрей Лакшман

Aug 26, 2020, 4:45:35 AM8/26/20
to janusgra...@googlegroups.com
No more questions! Thank you so much! Studied: https://docs.janusgraph.org/basics/configuration-reference/#storagecql
In my case, you need:

storage.cql.replication-strategy-class=SimpleStrategy

storage.cql.replication-factor=5