[VOTE] JanusGraph 0.4.0 release

Florian Hockmann

Jul 2, 2019, 3:34:22 PM7/2/19
to JanusGraph developers
Hello,

We are happy to announce that JanusGraph 0.4.0 is ready for release.

The release artifacts can be found at this location:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/tag/v0.4.0

A binary distribution is provided for user convenience:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/download/v0.4.0/janusgraph-0.4.0-hadoop2.zip

The GPG key used to sign the release artifacts is available at:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/download/v0.4.0/KEYS

The docs can be found here:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/releases/download/v0.4.0/janusgraph-0.4.0-hadoop2-doc.zip
        (See also documentation preview site)

The release tag in Git can be found here:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/tree/v0.4.0

The release notes are available here:
        https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/blob/v0.4.0/docs/changelog.adoc

This [VOTE] will open for the next 3 days --- closing Friday, July 5, 2019 at 10:00 PM CEST (UTC+2).
All are welcome to review and vote on the release, but only votes from TSC members are binding.
My vote is +1.

Thank you,
Florian Hockmann

Oleksandr Porunov

Jul 2, 2019, 4:08:38 PM7/2/19
to JanusGraph developers
Downloaded release artifacts.
- Check the key exists in KEYS file: Done
- Verify janusgraph-0.4.0-hadoop2.zip and janusgraph-0.4.0-hadoop2-doc.zip with asc keys: Done
- Extract janusgraph-0.4.0.zip, build jars from it, include into personal project, check that all integration tests pass (ScyllaDB 3.0.3, ElasticSearch 6.6.0): Done
- Check version related documentation changes: Done

My VOTE is +1

Ted Wilmes

Jul 4, 2019, 4:18:27 PM7/4/19
to JanusGraph developers
Release looks good. I verified signatures, skimmed through the docs, extracted the zip, tried out some of the new features listed in the change log (lots of good stuff in here!) and then ran a set of Gatling tests.

VOTE: +1

Thanks,
Ted

Abhay Pandit

Jul 5, 2019, 9:21:35 AM7/5/19
to janusgr...@googlegroups.com
VOTE: +1

Jan Jansen

Jul 8, 2019, 9:48:40 AM7/8/19
to JanusGraph developers
Release looks good to me. JanusGraph 0.4 is running as readonly instance for some time without any problem.

VOTE: +1

Thanks,
Jan

Misha Brukman

Jul 8, 2019, 4:08:39 PM7/8/19
to JanusGraph developer list
Checked signature, skimmed the docs and sanity-checked binaries.

VOTE: +1