Creating a Wikipedia page for JanusGraph

Alexandr Porunov

Sep 20, 2018, 4:07:29 AM9/20/18
to JanusGraph developers
I think it worth to create a Wikipedia page for JanusGraph and then add it into the list of notable graph databases.

Here is a draft page:

Here is a list of notable graph databases:

You can see that I've included a JanusGraph logo image into the page. I don't know who is the author of that logo. If you know, please correct this information here (right now the author is JanusGraph):

If you see any mistakes or would like to improve / add some information it would be great.

Please, follow Wikipedia policy when editing the article so that the article review would not be rejected.

Best regards
Alexandr Porunov

Misha Brukman

Sep 20, 2018, 10:22:27 PM9/20/18
to JanusGraph developer list
On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 4:07 AM, Alexandr Porunov <alexandr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think it worth to create a Wikipedia page for JanusGraph and then add it into the list of notable graph databases.

Here is a draft page:

Is it worth mentioning some examples of software powered by JanusGraph:
or customers using JanusGraph in production:

What do you think? Also, what does Wikipedia think / require by policy? On the one hand, adding these will help improve the chances it'll be considered "notable" on the other hand, you don't want it to be marked as a "reads like a marketing page" due to the same information.

Here is a list of notable graph databases:

You can see that I've included a JanusGraph logo image into the page. I don't know who is the author of that logo. If you know, please correct this information here (right now the author is JanusGraph):

The copyright holder of the logos is Expero, Inc. (I don't actually know which graphics designer(s) at Expero did the work), who were gracious to provide the logos to the JanusGraph project under the CC-BY-4.0 license; you can find all the images here: https://github.com/janusgraph/logos

If you see any mistakes or would like to improve / add some information it would be great.

Please, follow Wikipedia policy when editing the article so that the article review would not be rejected.

Best regards
Alexandr Porunov

Alexandr Porunov

Sep 21, 2018, 3:52:00 AM9/21/18
to JanusGraph developers
Thank you for additional information about the logo. I've updated this information on the Wikipedia page.

About JanusGrapg users. I think it depends on the reviewer.

I see here that HBase included production deployments of notable enterprises and everything is OK:

Also, I see that Cassandra includes notable applications, but it has a warning:

MariaDB also lists its costumers and everything is OK:

Hard to tell if we should list users or not.

Personally, my opinion: we can include a list of projects powered by JanusGraph and costumers in production but we should add a reference which proves this fact for each project / costumer. If there is no a reference which really proves it than we should not add such projects / users into the Wikipedia page. Nevertheless, if the review is rejected, we can remove this section and ask for re-review.

Also, I think we can include this information in the Wiki page:
- "Visualization" section
- "Presentations" section
- "Papers" section to list papers where JanusGraph is mentioned.
- "Features" section
- "Schema and Data Modeling" section

What do you think?

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 5:22:27 AM UTC+3, Misha Brukman wrote:
[...]

Alexandr Porunov

Sep 30, 2018, 10:43:31 AM9/30/18
to JanusGraph developers
Update:JanusGraph article was created in the main space. The link is the next now:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JanusGraph

Alexandr Porunov

Oct 1, 2018, 3:42:36 PM10/1/18
to JanusGraph developers
Update: Added JanusGraph into the list of notable graph databases:

Alexandr Porunov

Oct 2, 2018, 12:28:10 PM10/2/18
to JanusGraph developers
JanusGraph is translated to Russian and Ukrainian languages:

Jason Plurad

Oct 2, 2018, 4:01:20 PM10/2/18
to JanusGraph developers
Nice work, thanks for getting that done!