New Storage backend - H2 MV store

ash...@acceldata.io

Mar 29, 2020, 11:27:40 AM3/29/20
to JanusGraph developers
Hi,

We needed an embeddable backing store for Janus on one of our products. Since the Berkley JE license is restrictive , we ended up writing a quick implementation on top of MV store

The standard unit tests are passing and performance is good (at our scale) . I was wondering if this is something anyone else is interested in so we can make some effort to open source it. The implementation is in Kotlin though, but should be usable as a library.

--
Ashwin

Dmitry Kovalev

Mar 30, 2020, 7:39:35 AM3/30/20
to JanusGraph developers
Hi Ashwin,

Thank you for the offering.

I think it would be great if you could open source it in your own repo on github, and post links here and in users group. Also if you could share some more info on how it works, what features it supports, some performance tests and comparisons to berkeley backend, some practical limits (e.g. how much data can be stored in a single instance on a commodity machine) -- that might produce more upfront interest, i.e. more people would actually download and try it, and maybe contribute as well.

Once you are satisfied that it has reached production quality, we could initiate a discussion here to have Janusgraph documentation updated to list your new backend and provide a sample configuration.

Thanks,
Dmitry

ashwi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2020, 9:26:07 AM3/30/20
to JanusGraph developers
Thanks, Dmitry

Let me get to work on this and post back when it's ready

--
Ashwin