[PROPOSAL] new repository for a JanusGraph plugin for Apache Ambari

Chris Hupman

Aug 15, 2018, 6:31:34 PM8/15/18
to JanusGraph developers
Awhile back I wrote a plugin for Ambari to install JanusGraph. Right now it just installs and runs, but doesn't have any support for authentication or monitoring. So I wouldn't currently recommend it for production.

Since JanusGraph isn't an Apache project I don't think it would work to add it directly to Ambari.  At least few people have found it and used it for PoCs and I'm wondering if it would make sense to house it under the JanusGraph umbrella.

I was waiting for JanusGraph 0.3.0 to come out before I continued development and plan to start working on it again in the near future.

My thought is an official docker container with some examples for Kubernetes Pods would give us a good deployment story for JanusGraph + Cassandra + es  and Ambari would give us a good deployment story for JanusGraph + HBase + Solr.

Chris

Jason Plurad

Aug 16, 2018, 11:20:10 AM8/16/18
to JanusGraph developers
+1 for janusgraph-ambari

Misha Brukman

Aug 16, 2018, 11:30:48 AM8/16/18
to Jason Plurad, JanusGraph developers
+1 to the proposal (and +1 on the name).

Jason Plurad

Aug 27, 2018, 11:17:38 AM8/27/18
to JanusGraph developers