gremlin-server.sh as a daemon enhancement/update?

Chris Hupman

Feb 21, 2018, 4:44:33 PM2/21/18
to JanusGraph developers
I was trying to find some best practices for running JanusGraph as a service or at least find some existing init scripts to reference when I came upon Tinkerpop Jira issue 980. Relevant code changes here

Would it make sense to update the gremlin server that's prepackaged with JanusGraph for future releases? I know personally like the idea of an easy standardized way to deploy, and this seems like a step in the right direction.

I know there would need to be a fair amount of testing done to make the change, but I think it helps make JanusGraph more consumable. ^C

Robert Dale

Feb 21, 2018, 4:51:20 PM2/21/18
to Chris Hupman, JanusGraph developers
janusgraph.sh has start/stop.  But I agree that gremlin-server.sh should also be updated. I've added it as a task to https://github.com/JanusGraph/janusgraph/issues/845