Jal on a Mac

FraserSmith51

Sep 25, 2021, 6:19:59 AM9/25/21
to jallist
Hi

I have an aquaintance that wants to use JAL on his new MacBook. As a straight PC user I have no experience of Macs so can't help him. I see on the sourceforge site that there have been Mac versions but no mention on the JustAnotherLanguage site about Macs. Some guidance of how to do this, if it's still possible, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fraser

Rob CJ

Sep 25, 2021, 7:11:33 AM9/25/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fraser,

What you need is a c-compiler for the Macbook and recompile the JAL compiler sources to create a Macbook version.

I am not a MacBook user and cannot help you with that unless somebody has a Macbook emulator for Windows 🙂.

For the Linux compiler I use Virtual Box on my Windows machine and run Linux Mint on that do I can compile it under linux Mint and so create a Linux version.

I assume there may be JAL users who use a Macbook and could recompile the JAL compiler.

Kind regards,

Rob

Sep 26, 2021, 6:35:53 AM9/26/21
to jallist
Thanks for that Rob but I don't think he will be up for such complications. Maybe some Mac user will come along in a while and be able to give some help.
Cheers
Fraser

Rob CJ

Sep 26, 2021, 8:36:55 AM9/26/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fraser,

I tried to install an old MacOS version on a Virtual Box. That worked but now I need to add Xcode and a gcc compiler but I am not able to share a drive (posts on Internet do not help) with my Windows machine. I am a noob on Mac - and can't find any stuff on it - so it would indeed be better to have somebody who has is an experience Mac user and who has a c-compiler running on that.

Maybe I will give it a re-try later and see if I can get it working. If I would succeed then I could add a Mac version of the JAL compiler to the release.

Kind regards,

Rob

Verzonden: zondag 26 september 2021 12:35
Aan: jallist <jal...@googlegroups.com>
Onderwerp: Re: [jallist] Jal on a Mac

Sunish Issac

Sep 27, 2021, 8:56:10 PM9/27/21
to jal...@googlegroups.com
I think vscode and jal extension might work, if you get the compiler working.

Sunish