Jakarta EE Development Workspace - Slack invite

Tanja Obradovic

Feb 10, 2020, 3:55:06 PM2/10/20
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE Working Group

Hello dear Jakarta EE communities!

this is just a quick invite to all interested to communicate via SLACK

Please join Jakarta EE Development Slack Workspace !

Best,
Tanja
--

Tanja Obradovic

Jakarta EE Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Twitter: @TanjaEclipse

David Blevins

Feb 10, 2020, 10:36:19 PM2/10/20
to Tanja Obradovic, Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE Working Group
Hey Tanja,

Could we maybe get (or is there) a page on jakarta.ee with the Slack signup link?  I can put that link in the old javaee-wg slack channel that Adam started and people can slowly trickle over.

Scott Marlow

Feb 11, 2020, 9:18:09 AM2/11/20
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE Working Group
Hello Tanja and thanks for the invite!

Is there a web page that archives the Jakarta EE Development Slack
conversations? If yes, that might be useful for referencing
conversations that occur there.

Thanks,
Scott

Tanja Obradovic

Feb 11, 2020, 10:31:56 AM2/11/20
to David Blevins, Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE Working Group

Hi David, All,

we are working on adding a Slack link to  https://jakarta.ee/connect/ page.

Regarding "old javaee-wg slack" maybe we can invite people sending a message to #general channel with the the new Slack link? If no objections,  I can post a message there.

Thanks,

Tanja

Tanja Obradovic

Feb 11, 2020, 11:34:16 AM2/11/20
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE ambassadors

While Slack is becoming a communication standard, it is still relatively informal way of communicating. The voting, decision making and key messages will be sent via email still. I can see on Slack one can initiate a debate or discussion, but we need to mindful that not everyone uses Slack so email had to be official way of communicating.

Thanks,

Tanja

On 2020-02-11 10:14 a.m., Werner Keil wrote:
Is it possible for Eclipse webmasters to set up some batch to preserve them or does Slack have something against that?

Jeyvison Nascimento <jeyno...@gmail.com> schrieb am Di., 11. Feb. 2020, 15:55:
The workspace uses the free plan so only the last 10k messages are archived.

Em ter., 11 de fev. de 2020 às 11:13, Werner Keil <werne...@gmail.com> escreveu:
From all i know they are always persisted.

--
Jeyvison Nascimento

Thodoris Bais

Mar 22, 2020, 4:00:09 PM3/22/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hey Tanja,

it looks like that's a 30-days link, so it has expired, I guess.

Newcomers to this thread who are not yet part of the JakartaEE Slack channel can join via this link: https://join.slack.com/t/eclipsefoundationhq/shared_invite/zt-crh7mheq-3on2tophEuvQTUGidEAWlg

However, the question is: do we still need this thread or do you think it would be better to add an extra link "Join our Slack Channel" next to "Follow Us On Twitter" on the header section of this group?

Thodoris

Tanja Obradovic

Mar 22, 2020, 5:51:16 PM3/22/20
to Thodoris Bais, Jakarta EE Ambassadors

Hello there Thodoris,

we updated the Slack link with a permanent link at this page

https://jakarta.ee/connect/

Welcome everyone!

Take care,

Tanja