Jakarta EE Booth Volunteer Opportunity

reza_rahman

Sep 13, 2020, 12:41:54 PM9/13/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE community discussions
The Eclipse Foundation has a virtual booth slot for Jakarta EE at the J4K conference on October 13-14. A few Jakarta EE Ambassadors have signed up as booth volunteers but there are two slots still open:

* October 13, 3-4 PM EST.
* October 14, 12-1 PM EST.

Can you please consider being a booth volunteer for these slots? It should be a very easy commitment for someone with reasonable technical depth as I can provide you with most of the materials if needed. Potentially you just need to show up, engage attendees, present a few slides and do a demo or two online.

If interested, please let me know ASAP.

Reza Rahman

Ken Fogel

Sep 13, 2020, 5:46:55 PM9/13/20
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
I could be available for the Tuesday, Oct 13 3-4 PM slot if needed. I finish classes at 1 pm on Tuesdays.

Ken

Sep 19, 2020, 11:04:57 AM9/19/20
to reza_rahman, Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE community discussions
Hi Reza,

Sorry i am late but if slot is still available i will be available on 14 Oct 12-1PM EST please let me know if i can help.

Thanks and Regards,
Nishant Raut
https://twitter.com/rautnishant

Jorge Alejandro Cajas

Sep 25, 2020, 7:54:32 AM9/25/20
to Jakarta EE community discussions, Jakarta EE Ambassadors
Hello Reza!

I'm already a volunteer for J4K, but if that's not a problem  I can help with the eclipse booth.

I already helped a little bit on the eclipse foundation at  Oracle code One and devnexus.

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020, 10:42 reza_rahman <reza_...@lycos.com> wrote:
The Eclipse Foundation has a virtual booth slot for Jakarta EE at the J4K conference on October 13-14. A few Jakarta EE Ambassadors have signed up as booth volunteers but there are two slots still open:

* October 13, 3-4 PM EST.
* October 14, 12-1 PM EST.

Can you please consider being a booth volunteer for these slots? It should be a very easy commitment for someone with reasonable technical depth as I can provide you with most of the materials if needed. Potentially you just need to show up, engage attendees, present a few slides and do a demo or two online.

If interested, please let me know ASAP.

Reza Rahman

Reza Rahman

Sep 25, 2020, 11:16:04 PM9/25/20
to Jakarta EE Ambassadors, Jakarta EE community discussions

Folks,

I just want to write a quick and public thank you to everyone that stepped up for this. This is now all set thanks to you all.

Let's hope we can all pitch in a little in the future to make things like this happen without depending on just a small handful of people!

* Thanks to Jorge Cajas, Vijay Nair, Edwin Derks and Ryan Cuprak for volunteering for booth duty.

* Thanks to Thodoris Bais, Werner Keil, Josh Juneau, Ken Fogel, Nishant Raut and Badreddine Hamel for seriously looking at volunteering - maybe next time?