JaCoCo session does not have the application classes

sheka...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2018, 6:54:19 AM2/6/18
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
Hello,

I'm in the process of using JaCoCo to measure code coverage for my UI tests.
I could successfully get the coverage report using an ANT script and see the coverage information for different classes of an application deployed on Weblogic. Now I wish to do the same for another application which is deployed on Weblogic but for some reason, the report shows 0 coverage. When I check the JaCoCo session, I do not find the application classes. I'm stuck here and unable to proceed. Appreciate your support in this regard.

Note:

1. The application for which the coverage was captured successfully was running on windows server and the ant script was run on a windows client.

2. The application the has issues with coverage info is running on linux while the ant script is run on windows client.

Thanks,
Shekar

Marc Hoffmann

Feb 6, 2018, 1:36:44 PM2/6/18
to jac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shekar,

so how do you collect execution data?

Note that in a distributed scenario you need to configure the JaCoCo
agent for the JVM executing the application under test. Also some
application servers use more than a single JVM.

Regards,
-marc

Shekar G

Feb 7, 2018, 6:34:54 AM2/7/18
to jac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response Marc. I'm using Ant script to collect the execution data from the linux server where the weblogic is running. I see 2 entries for Weblogic when I run JPS command to know the number of JVMs. I'd like to know how do I attach the agent to a specific JVM that is used by the application. The application is run as a managed server. Let me know if you need any specific details.

Thanks,
Shekar

Marc Hoffmann

Feb 7, 2018, 1:43:19 PM2/7/18
to jac...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shekar,

the JaCoCo agent is a command line option that you pass to the JVM. See documentation:

    http://www.jacoco.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/agent.html

I can't tell you how to configure Weblogic JVMs. Please study their documentation or contact Weblogic support for this. Or maybe there is an answer for this on stackoverflow?

  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/weblogic+jacoco

Regards,
-marc

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "JaCoCo and EclEmma Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jacoco/CAJkORiseWANMKf_eujB1W%3DFSsKsNm7wgiva3eTxOkJen1LeC1A%40mail.gmail.com.

Shekar G

Feb 8, 2018, 5:31:42 AM2/8/18
to jac...@googlegroups.com
Appreciate for the links and input Marc. I could get over the issue.
It's a trivial thing to do with setting the JAVA_OPTIONS in the setDomainEnv.sh. I'm able to get the coverage now.
I have a different question now. Not sure if it's fine to ask in this thread or should I be creating a new one.
It's about instructing the Jacoco agent to wipe the execution data between the dump requests.

Thanks,
Shekar

Marc Hoffmann

Feb 8, 2018, 5:44:03 AM2/8/18
to jac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shekar,

> It's about instructing the Jacoco agent to wipe the execution data between the dump requests.

This feature is called "reset".

If documentation does not answer your question please feel free to start a new thread in this form.

Cheers,
-marc

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jacoco/CAJkORiubUNMMovRCW%2B9Qre7jpGbwGE6HakocyNm0rNHk%2BP_v8w%40mail.gmail.com.
This conversation is locked