Industry level coding standards for JaCoCo

st7...@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2017, 1:25:05 AM2/16/17
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
Hello Everyone,
I am new to JaCoCo using maven and Jenkins.
I have made integration of JaCoCo,Maven and Jenkins.
However i am not getting what rules and standards needs to be set to improve code quality.
Is there any Good Industry Standard for
Instruction % Branch % Complexity % Line % Method % Class

Mirko Friedenhagen

Feb 16, 2017, 2:54:30 AM2/16/17
to jac...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I do not think there are real standards. 100% branch coverage is almost unreachable given that simple looking stuff like try-with-resources already results in 8 branches using Oracle JDK 8.

I would strive to cover your own responsibilities as good as you can with unit tests and strive for here for the 100. This is only possible if you facade external systems, these facades are mostly boring, so I sometimes exclude them completely from the unit test coverage but always test the happy paths integratively.

Regards
Mirko
--
Sent from my mobile

suyog....@entytle.com

Feb 16, 2017, 4:51:10 AM2/16/17
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users

suyog....@entytle.com

Feb 16, 2017, 4:52:07 AM2/16/17
to JaCoCo and EclEmma Users
On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 1:24:30 PM UTC+5:30, Mirko Friedenhagen wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I do not think there are real standards. 100% branch coverage is almost unreachable given that simple looking stuff like try-with-resources already results in 8 branches using Oracle JDK 8.
>

> I would strive to cover your own responsibilities as good as you can with unit tests and strive for here for the 100. This is only possible if you facade external systems, these facades are mostly boring, so I sometimes exclude them completely from the unit test coverage but always test the happy paths integratively.
>

> Regards
> Mirko
> --
> Sent from my mobile
>

> Am 16.02.2017 07:25 schrieb <st7...@gmail.com>:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am new to JaCoCo using maven and Jenkins.
>
> I have made integration of JaCoCo,Maven and Jenkins.
>
> However i am not getting what rules and standards needs to be set to improve code quality.
>
> Is there any Good Industry Standard for
>
> Instruction     % Branch        % Complexity    % Line  % Method        % Class

This conversation is locked