Jacktrip hub server disconnects clients after one client is disconnected

Daisuke Yoshida

Aug 31, 2021, 9:08:25 PM8/31/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I was wondering if you had encountered this issue before. I have a jacktrip hub server running at AWS  and the problem is that once I try to disconnect from the server as I kill jacktrip and jackd my friends who are connected to the server also get disconnected from the server.

Hub server:  1.4.0-rc.2
Clients : 1.3 (release) - two windows PCs and one OSX (me)

Does anyone know how to solve this issue ?

Thanks,
Daisuke

Chris Chafe

Aug 31, 2021, 9:32:18 PM8/31/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daisuke,

Is the server crashing when you disconnect or can you reconnect to it yourself?

Chris

Mike O'Connor

Aug 31, 2021, 9:44:54 PM8/31/21
to Jacktrip-users
hi Daisuke,

i'm guessing that you log into the AWS server with SSH to start the jackd and hub-server sessions, right?  if you disconnect from that SSH session, you'll terminate all the processes you've launched while you were in it -- jackd and the jacktrip server included.

can you just leave that "start jackd and jacktrip" SSH session running on your Mac?  that way jackd and the jacktrip hub server will keep running too.

then, to *connect* to that server as a musician, you can launch a second terminal window and log into the jacktrip server as a client from your Mac.  you wind up with two terminal sessions -- the second one is your audio connection to jacktrip as a client, the first terminal window runs the server side of things.

sorry...  i may be misunderstanding your situation...

mike

Daisuke Yoshida

Aug 31, 2021, 9:53:22 PM8/31/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Yes. I can still reconnect to the server. The server is still active.

Daisuke

Daisuke Yoshida

Aug 31, 2021, 9:56:48 PM8/31/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

I disconnect from the ssh session but I create a process for running jackd and another process for jacktrip with "&" from shell. As I was able to connect after disconnecting from it the server is up and running.
It's weird that one jacktrip client who is connected to the jacktrip hub server triggers other jacktrip clients to be disconnected.

Daisuke

Mike O'Connor

Aug 31, 2021, 10:07:21 PM8/31/21
to Jacktrip-users
ah.  Linux job-control.  that's outside my experience.  sorry to muddy the waters...

mike

Daisuke Yoshida

Sep 1, 2021, 6:18:51 PM9/1/21
to jacktri...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I can't seem to be able to reproduce this issue at the moment. I tried it reproduce it with the same people, the same environment, and the same setup but no luck. I will keep an eye on it if I encounter a similar issue.

Thank you :-)

On Thu, Sep 2, 2021, 3:18 AM Chris Chafe <c...@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
Gremlins! It would be great for you to update the wider list.
Thanks for letting me know.

Chris

On Wed, 2021-09-01 at 14:38 +0900, Daisuke Yoshida wrote:
Hi Chris,

This issue is not reproducible. I had the same environment as yesterday just now and tested it. I have tried to disconnect/connect from the server but this didn't affect other clients connected to the server.

I will keep an eye on it and collect logs if I encounter this issue again.

Thanks,
Daisuke

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 1:01 PM Daisuke Yoshida <yosh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you Chris.

I unfortunately can not reproduce this issue at the moment. When this issue happened 3 jacktrip clients (2 from Vancouver Canada and 1 from Chiba Japan) connected to a hub server in Oregon. When one client from Japan was disconnected the two clients from Canada were also disconnected.

I tried to reproduce it locally with two AWS servers running as a jacktrip client and from my computer I connected to the server in Oregon. Even if I am disconnected it didn't cause other clients to disconnect from the server.

I will try to reproduce the issue with the same setup (2 clients in Van and 1 client in Japan) when my friends are available to test with me.

Thank you, Chris, for your support.

Daisuke

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 11:45 AM Chris Chafe <c...@ccrma.stanford.edu> wrote:
See if you can get the terminal printout of the server session. That might give us a clue.
You can send that to me off-list.

Chris