Possible a bug in Jaxb Annotations Support

mkama...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2020, 5:59:19 AM11/17/20
to jackson-user
Hi,

We use JaxbAnnotationIntrospector as a secondary interceptor. Also we use default typing as a property @class.

We found that if we have a property in class:
private Object value;
It works as expected for java.lang.Double and com.example.Person instances in"value" property.
But if we use following code:
@XmlElement(type=Object.class)
private Serializable value;

The solution stops working. I thing that parent validation realized in JaxbAnnotationIntrospector  doesn't work well with Object for interfaces. Even if it is workarounded, I faced another problem that says that serialization for Double is not found.

Is it a bug?

Thanks, Marat Kamalov.

Tatu Saloranta

Nov 17, 2020, 1:37:43 PM11/17/20
to jackson-user
I am sorry but explanation alone is not enough: a full reproduction would be needed.
You may want to file a bug against JAXB annotations module.

-+ Tatu +-