Transom, US Mfgd Hull

Joe Waple

Nov 26, 2022, 4:10:45 PM11/26/22
to J/92 Owners
Any one have any data on whether the transoms were all glass or balsa cored?
could always drill a hole, but thought I would ask first.
Joe

Dan Stone

Nov 26, 2022, 5:10:59 PM11/26/22
to j92o...@googlegroups.com
Mine (#9 J/92) is all glass... I found that out when I put a ladder back there.

Thanks,
Dan Stone

Joseph Waple

Nov 26, 2022, 5:43:08 PM11/26/22
to j92o...@googlegroups.com
Dan
Thanks for the quick response.
Also considering a ladder. Which one do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone
Joe Waple

On Nov 26, 2022, at 5:11 PM, Dan Stone <dest...@gmail.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "J/92 Owners" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/j92owners/CAFtxg%2BX9CAhZ%2BFPS7ZUrSpMxW3Z9wCZOo_NR7kY%3DgToghw1nFw%40mail.gmail.com.

Dan Stone

Nov 27, 2022, 2:42:27 PM11/27/22
to j92o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joe,

I have a 3 step Telescoping Dive Ladder that I bolted and used a backing plate on the stern.   Maybe not the expected installation method but it works for me.

On my previous boat (J/80) I had a Windline telescoping drop ladder.  I don't remember how many steps.  Although it worked well and was probably lighter, it was not quite as kind on the feet.  You couldn't stand there all day deciding whether to go in or not :-)...

Dan Stone
J/92 #9

Joseph Waple

Nov 27, 2022, 3:22:10 PM11/27/22