tech talk on satellite communications

Joe Decuir

Mar 23, 2022, 12:34:19 PM3/23/22
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

A week ago I presented this to a team of radio people who support the IEEE MOVE Trucks.

See https://move.ieeeusa.org/

These are used to supply power and communications to the Red Cross.

MOVE #1 has been used in the SE US for years, given all the weather disasters they get.

MOVE #2 was donated by CISCO recently.  It will likely be based in southern CA, for forest fires and earthquakes.

I think Mihai et al are doing fine for lining up technical talks.

If they run out of topics, I can cover this.

Joe Decuir, KF7BMD

Issaquah Amateur Radio Club, W7BI.com

Issaquah CERT 0015, Zone 14

E: jde...@ieee.org

E: jde...@uw.edu

M: 425-985-1562

SatComm R1.pdf

Mihai Manolache

Mar 23, 2022, 3:58:30 PM3/23/22
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
It's a great presentation. I know you are good to handle a great number of slides, so why don't you present this at IARC in April?

73,
Mihai

Your group manager is ba...@k7bwh.com

Joe Decuir

Mar 23, 2022, 4:35:20 PM3/23/22
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

April is as good as any.

Mihai Manolache

Mar 23, 2022, 9:09:28 PM3/23/22
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

Joe Decuir

Mar 23, 2022, 10:37:22 PM3/23/22
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

I will write it into my calendar.

April is still remote, correct?

I think we are planning to be in person sometime in the spring, correct?

Joe

Lara F.

Mar 23, 2022, 10:50:12 PM3/23/22
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
For now we are still remote. I need to look for a new location as I don't believe the Senior Center is available right now.  I will  be  sending out a poll ti all of you to see if the majority of the club would like to meet in person again  or continue with remote meetings.

Lara

Sent from my Galaxy

Joe Decuir

Mar 24, 2022, 1:13:59 AM3/24/22
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

We have selected the Community Center for the classes.

This works, because the city actively supports CERT.

Nearby choices, but some require rent, or luck in scheduling

  • Community Center, except it closes at 4pm
  • Gibson Hall – my First Aid/CPR training was there; Lara was there, too
  • Public Library
  • Train station – but Issaquah Open Mic uses it on the first Wednesday, too.