warning: Google 'classic sites will be going away soon'.

Joe Decuir

Aug 9, 2021, 4:05:05 PM8/9/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

We might need to rebuild our W7BI website.

I currently maintain W7BI, with help from other members.

I am note sure what it will take to rebuild it.

Who in the club has experience with this?

Joe Decuir, KF7BMD

Issaquah Amateur Radio Club, W7BI.com

Issaquah CERT 0015, Zone 14

E: jde...@ieee.org

E: jde...@uw.edu

M: 425-985-1562

John MacDuff

Aug 9, 2021, 5:49:01 PM8/9/21
to Iarc Group
Joe,
   There is a process for converting a classic site to a new site. I have done it to 2 other Google Sites web sites a couple years ago.
   Barry Hanson built this original site. Is he still the owner? I think the owner has to do this. If he is the owner and doesn't want to tackle it, he may be able to transfer ownership to someone else who could do it.
   Give me a call when you get a chance. John MacDuff 206-276-6759.

John KA7TTY

--
Your group manager is ba...@k7bwh.com

Mihai Manolache

Aug 10, 2021, 10:17:58 AM8/10/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
Another option is to convert to WordPress. We will have many designs for free, different sections for the site, forum, news and multiple solutions to manage the site.

~mihai

ba...@k7bwh.com

Aug 10, 2021, 5:08:30 PM8/10/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I’m the owner of our Google Site. I’d be happy to work on the conversion.
John, can you remind me this coming weekend to look at it?
Im traveling at the moment with very limited internet. Im activating CN76ws from this nice state park on the beach, Grayland SP.

Barry K7BWH /P