Antenna support rope order

Rod Johnson

Nov 1, 2021, 1:38:21 PM11/1/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
While on vacation, my high wire antenna came down due to a very large Cottonwood limb that got caught on it.  After inspecting the broken rope, I found multiple places where it looked like a squirrel had nibbled on the rope. I am going to be purchasing a 1000' foot spool of quality 3/16" black Dacron braided rope, as a replacement.
 I will have some extra to sell.
  The price will be $15 per 100 feet, with a 100 foot minimum request.  I will be happy to cut your purchase into shorter lengths and seal the ends for you.
  Let me know if you want to reserve some from this spool.
  Rod J

ba...@k7bwh.com

Nov 1, 2021, 5:01:19 PM11/1/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

Rod, can I reserve about 150’ of Dacron braided rope?

My current rope for antenna support is getting old and is no longer the same color as new. Okay, it was black when new, and this being the Pacific Northwest then anything left outside eventually turns green regardless of its original color.

Cheers, Barry K7BWH

--
Your group manager is ba...@k7bwh.com

John MacDuff

Nov 1, 2021, 5:35:20 PM11/1/21
to Iarc Group
Please add me for 200 feet.
Thanks,
John KA7TTY

Joe Stacy

Nov 1, 2021, 5:44:20 PM11/1/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
I'd like 200' as well, if there's enough.

Nov 1, 2021, 6:04:19 PM11/1/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
OK John,
  I put you down for 200 feet.
Rod

Rod Johnson

Nov 1, 2021, 6:04:50 PM11/1/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
Joe,
  I put you down for 200 feet.
  Thanks,
  Rod

Gil Drynan

Nov 2, 2021, 9:49:41 AM11/2/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

I'll take 200 ft. In two 100 ft rolls.

gil

Rod Johnson

Nov 2, 2021, 12:01:20 PM11/2/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
Gil.
  I will put you on the list.
  Rod

> While on vacation, my high wire antenna came down due to a very large
> Cottonwood limb that got caught on it.  After inspecting the broken rope,
> I found multiple places where it looked like a squirrel had nibbled on the
> rope. I am going to be purchasing a 1000' foot spool of quality 3/16"
> black Dacron braided rope, as a replacement. I will have some extra to
> sell.
>   The price will be $15 per 100 feet, with a 100 foot minimum request.
> I will be happy to cut your purchase into shorter lengths and seal the
> ends for you.
>   Let me know if you want to reserve some from this spool.
>   Rod J
>

> --
> Your group manager is ba...@k7bwh.com
> ---

Your group manager is ba...@k7bwh.com

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/issaquah-arc/67b82a1caa0549f84cc2609aa4bb0ef0.squirrel%40wm.seanet.com.

Rod Johnson

Nov 2, 2021, 12:06:29 PM11/2/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
It looks like there is plenty of interest in this 3/16" Dacron rope.
  I have enough requests to consume the the first roll and then some.
  It looks like there is enough interest to order a second spool, later this month, so keep the requests coming..
  Rod

Nov 12, 2021, 12:38:37 AM11/12/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
Gil, The requests dried up suddenly, and I miscalculated the requests.
  I only have enough rope remaining from the first roll, to give you a single 100 foot length.
 Will that be OK with you, or do you want to cancel the whole request?
Rod Johnson

Nov 18, 2021, 2:41:24 PM11/18/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
Joe,
  The rope has arrived. Do you want the 200 feet in one continuous  length?
  Rod J

Nov 18, 2021, 2:44:44 PM11/18/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
Barry,
 The rope has arrived.  It is very supple so it is easy to work with.
  Do you want your 150 feet in one continuous length?
  Rod

Joe Stacy

Nov 18, 2021, 2:51:34 PM11/18/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
One length is fine - also, you can give Gil his full request if you’d like to shorten mine to 100'. I meant to say this previously, but was out of town and it slipped my mine.

John MacDuff

Nov 18, 2021, 2:54:59 PM11/18/21
to Iarc Group
Yes. That would be fine. So how much do I owe you?

John KA7TTY

ba...@k7bwh.com

Nov 18, 2021, 5:08:05 PM11/18/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

Rod, one continuous length of 150’ would be ideal, thanks.

Glad to hear it’s supple now – give it a couple years up in my trees and I can fix that. :-)

Rod Johnson

Nov 18, 2021, 5:22:59 PM11/18/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

When my high wire came down, I retrieved the old rope.  It was very stiff and almost green with slimy moss moss. It looked like mice or maybe squirrels had gnawed part way through it in many places.   There were at least a dozen significant nicks taken out of it in the vertical part that run up alongside the tree trunk.  The horizontal part was good looking, except for the moss.
  I wonder if they were using pits of the nylon rope for nesting material.
  It was interesting to see home much rope I could get back on the original 1000 foot spool, when scramble wound....turns out it was not more than 700 feet.

Rod