BSides San Diego 2020 Volunteer Opportunity

Timothy Harmon

Jan 21, 2020, 1:36:47 AM1/21/20
to ISC2-SDIEGO

BSides San Diego logo.png

BSides San Diego 2020 is an Information Security conference done for security professionals, by security professionals. Our speakers do not talk to the attendees, they involve the attendees with their talks and ensure that everyone enjoys the discussions. This conference will be held on March 7 & 8, 2020 at the National University Spectrum Center Campus.

There are 4 tracks (Story Mode (Main), Level Up, Tutorials, and Castle Defense) available for attendees, various villages (Lock Picking / Tamper Evident, Hardware Hacking, Educators / School / NU, Career / Hiring, and Escape Room) that will be full of great resources and fun, and two (2) Capture the Flag (CTF) events (Main CTF and Wireless CTF). I am in charge of the Castle Defense track and this track deals with the blue team. Blue team is the defense of a company where they are the Security Analysts, Incident Responders, etc. and they are the ones who analyze the security of the company and help to ensure the company is as secure as possible.

We are looking for volunteers!

Volunteers are needed in different areas, such as the talk tracks, CTFs, villages, etc. As a volunteer, you will be helping the conference to run smoothly and this experience can be put onto your resume. Volunteers will be scheduled throughout the day on both days and will be rewarded in one way or another. This opportunity will help you get experience towards your job when you graduate and you will be able to network with other security professionals.

If you are interested in volunteering at BSides San Diego 2020, please click on the link and fill out the form: https://www.bsidessd.org/volunteer

If you are interested in attending BSides San Diego 2020, you can register here: https://www.bsidessd.org/registration

If your company or you know of a company that would like to sponsor BSides San Diego 2020, please download the sponsorship packet that is attached to this post, fill it out and send it to the sponsorship committee.

I hope to see some, if not all, of you at this event.

Timothy Harmon, M.S.
Cybersec First Responder (CFR), CCNA Cyber Ops, CCNA R&S, Cisco Champion
BSides San Diego 2020 - Castle Defense Track Coordinator
bsidessd_sponsorship_kit_v1.5.pdf