Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Bazi Jana

no leída,
22 feb 2023, 12:18:22 p.m.22/2/2023
para iRODS-Chat
Hi,

I am trying to upload data (file: 1GB.bin) from my Computer by using Python iRODS Client PRC. After interrupting the upload process, I want to remove/delete that file and re-upload it. Unfortunately, I cannot remove that file, even if I use iCommands. See the error below please. How can I solve this? Thanks

$ irm -f 1GB.bin
ERROR: rmUtil: rm error for /Testzone/home/bob/1GB.bin, status = -406000 status = -406000 LOCKED_DATA_OBJECT_ACCESS

$ irm 1GB.bin
ERROR: rmUtil: rm error for /Testzone/home/bob/1GB.bin, status = -1803000 status = -1803000 HIERARCHY_ERROR

Regards,
Jana

Terrell Russell

no leída,
22 feb 2023, 12:22:07 p.m.22/2/2023
para irod...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jana,

You have a locked data object - which *should* never persist beyond the lifetime of an active transfer / replication operation.  We're working to eliminate the cases where this can happen.

In the meantime, you can address this as an administrator with the `iadmin modrepl` command.

Terrell

The Integrated Rule-Oriented Data System (iRODS) - https://irods.org

iROD-Chat: http://groups.google.com/group/iROD-Chat

Alan King

no leída,
22 feb 2023, 12:26:53 p.m.22/2/2023
para irod...@googlegroups.com
What version of python-irodsclient are you running?

Can you provide any information about how the data object got stuck in the locked status? There's a chance that this has already been addressed by a code change in the lead up to our next release(s) but there's also a chance that you have found a situation which we are not covering.

In addition to what Terrell linked, I'll drop a link to the updated documentation (which has not yet been fully published): https://github.com/irods/irods_docs/blob/main/docs/system_overview/troubleshooting.md#data-object-stuck-in-locked-or-intermediate-status This has slightly more detailed instructions for how to get out of this situation.

--
Alan King
Senior Software Developer | iRODS Consortium

Bazi Jana

no leída,
23 feb 2023, 3:42:00 a.m.23/2/2023
para iRODS-Chat
Hi Terrell, hi Alan,

Thank you so much.

@Alan:
I' m trying this Hamster Client (https://github.com/Andries-B/Hamster). That means, I' m using python-irodsclient>=1.0.0 (https://github.com/Andries-B/Hamster/blob/main/src/requirements.txt), with a pure python(without a local irods_environment.json).
While uploading a large file, I sometime receive a new window/a dialog with  the main title: "testApp"  is not responding. and two buttons: Force Quit button and Wait button. A few minutes after clicking Wait button, I receive again the same window/dialog.... At the end, I decide to click Force Quit button to interrupt the upload process. This is how the data object got stuck in the locked status.

Kind Regards,
Jana

Alan King

no leída,
3 mar 2023, 1:47:22 p.m.3/3/2023
para irod...@googlegroups.com
Okay, thanks for the additional information.

Can you confirm that the object is truly stuck in the locked state indefinitely? Or does it update to a resting status after a while?

It could be that the servicing agent needs for the connection to time out before closing and finalizing the object. I don't imagine that clicking "Force Quit" attempts to disconnect the client from the server. It is possibly a manifestation of this issue: https://github.com/irods/irods/issues/6879

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos