Saving CCD(ClinicalDocument) to Database as JPA Entity

Arcilla Marvin

May 29, 2019, 11:55:17 AM5/29/19
to ipf-dev
Hi, Im trying to build an application which needs the CCD file.
I can already parse the document using https://oehf.github.io/ipf/ipf-modules-cda-mdht/index.html#MDHT_Support

However there is a need to persist the ClinicalDocument model in the database. (Saving the whole xml in the database is not an option. -yet)
Is there anyway I could do this easily? I am not using hibernate by the way, just eclipselink

P.S.

What I have done so far is to generate the Java classes from the CDA.xsd file using JAXB.
However I still need to put @Entity classes to everything, and it is quite error prone since it is too many and I cannot verify the correctness of it.

Dmytro Rud

May 29, 2019, 12:20:53 PM5/29/19
to ipf...@googlegroups.com
Can you take an XML database instead of a relational one?

Arcilla Marvin

May 29, 2019, 12:58:56 PM5/29/19
to ipf-dev
Hi,

I never thought of using that since I've only known Relational ones hence no experience with xml databases.

I thought relational is possible since I've saw a hibernate mapping file. However I cannot seem to generate a java class from that.
https://github.com/mdht/mdht/tree/develop/cda/examples/org.openhealthtools.mdht.cda.builder.hibernate

Im assuming you've done some persistence with the ClinicalDocument, If so, are xml databases the way to go?
How do you recommend I tackle this?