Not gettting Student data for Grade level -2

Muhammed Riyas

Sep 16, 2020, 7:55:05 AM9/16/20
to Interfacing With Aeries
Hi,

I am  getting rempty response for the students and grade api calls for the school having HighGradeLevel and LowerGradeLevel as -2.  What does it mean? Is there any different way that we need to fetch the students' data?

-Riyas

Camden Iliff

Sep 16, 2020, 4:16:34 PM9/16/20
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com

A school with both a high and low grade of -2 would be a preschool.  Students should display, but Grades would not be valid as "Grades" is for secondary schools.  We do not have elementary standards-based grades available in the API.

Camden Iliff

Vice President, Product Development
Aeries® Student Information System

Aeries Logo

770 The City Drive South, Suite 6500
Orange, CA 92868

Office: (888) 487-7555

www.aeries.com
c...@aeries.com

Muhammed Riyas

Sep 17, 2020, 12:38:06 AM9/17/20
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the update. But I am getting empty response for the /students api call. What could be the possible reasons?

-Riyas

JD McKeel

Sep 17, 2020, 1:26:02 PM9/17/20
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com
If you can get students from other schools in the same Aeries instance, then we can rule out a permissions issue.  Also, if the issue were permissions, then the API would return a 401 response, not an empty array.

Are you using the record range filters (StartingRecord and EndingRecord query string parameters)?  If so, please remove these and see if the response contains any students.

Finally, are you certain that the school has any students in it?  Sometimes these preschool programs might be empty if they are only used occasionally by the district for the purpose of obtaining statewide student identifiers for preschool students.  I would check with the customer to confirm that the school in question actually has students.  I can't think of anything else that would yield an empty array.

JD McKeel
Software Developer
Aeries® SIS

Aeries Logo
770 The City Drive South, Suite 6500
Orange, CA 92868
Sep 18, 2020, 1:22:11 AM9/18/20
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for the update. Please find my reply below:

1. I am getting an empty response for the api call https://xxxxxxxxxx.asp.aeries.net/admin/api/v3/schools/90/students?cert=xxxxxxxxxxx and not 401 response.
2. I can confirm that I am not using the record range filters (StartingRecord and EndingRecord query string parameters).
3. Also I have confirmed with the customer that they have students attached to the school.

-Riyas

JD McKeel

Sep 18, 2020, 11:14:51 AM9/18/20
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com
Please ask the customer to submit a ticket for our support team.  It seems some more specific troubleshooting is needed beyond what is appropriate for this public forum.

Thanks,
JD

Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 10:21 PM