Question about AttendanceProgramCode

Jan Faraguna

Oct 27, 2021, 1:32:38 AM10/27/21
to Interfacing With Aeries
Hi,

I am looking for more information to understand AttendanceProgramCode. I'm trying to determine what the value of "C" for AttendanceProgramCode means, does this vary by district (i.e., is this something they would have set themselves), does this mean something different for 21-22 than it did in past years. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan

Camden Iliff

Oct 27, 2021, 2:06:23 PM10/27/21
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com

Most codes in Aeries, and especially AttendanceProgramCode can and are customized by the customer.  They can change with different years, but commonly do not.  You can get more details on any code by using the "Codes" API End-Point.

Camden Iliff

Vice President, Product
Aeries® Student Information System

Aeries Logo

770 The City Drive South, Suite 6500
Orange, CA 92868

Office: (888) 487-7555

www.aeries.com
c...@aeries.com

http://www.aeries.com/Media/Default/images/Facebook-outlineicons.png http://www.aeries.com/Media/Default/images/Insta-outlineicons.png http://www.aeries.com/Media/Default/images/Twitter-outlineicons.png

Nov 3, 2021, 4:57:24 PM11/3/21
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com
Hi Camden,

Thanks so much for this information.

We weren't seeing code descriptions for ENR table, PR field in the Codes endpoint.

Do you have additional guidance on how we can retrieve the "description of program" for each AttendanceProgramCode? Were we looking up the wrong table and field in the Codes endpoint?

Thank you,
Jan

Nov 3, 2021, 5:37:48 PM11/3/21
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com

Use:

table – STU

field – SP

The attendance program field in enrollment actually comes from the Student Demographics AttendanceProgram code set.

Jan Faraguna

Nov 3, 2021, 6:20:36 PM11/3/21
to interfacing...@googlegroups.com
Good to know. Unfortunately, we're not seeing anything returned for the SP field in the Codes data when we look for a couple districts. Do you know why that might be?
We do see a bunch of values for AttendanceProgramCode in the Enrollments or Students endpoint data.

Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 2:37 PM