Agenda: CCCC Intellectual Property Standing Group Business Meeting

Nielsen, Alex C.

Mar 14, 2022, 10:22:15 AM3/14/22
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, kyleds...@gmail.com, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, hal...@purdue.edu, mike.e...@wsu.edu, jga...@fau.edu, morganc...@gmail.com

Hello, all!

Please see our working agenda below for this year’s meeting. It is a little generous with time to hopefully allow us to move at a good clip and give folks some of their evening back.

For those unable to attend, the session will be recorded using zoom and shared after processing with a password-protected link using Zoom cloud hosting.

Caucus on Intellectual Property and Composition/Communication Studies
3/14/2022, 5:00pm-7:30pm EDT
https://odu.zoom.us/j/95926501295

  • Call to Order and business – 45 minutes (5p-5:45p)
    • Attendance and introductions
    • Notes from Senior Chair – IP and Conference theme: Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Linguistic Justice
    • Past & Tabled business, 2020-2022
      • Student Rights to IP statement – interest, strategy, planning, and timeline
    • New business, 2022-2023
      • Bylaws and policies
      • Member proposals
    • Updates on issues and topics of interest
      • Current and historical IP legislation
      • Cultural impacts of IP – new developments
      • New developments in IP topics of interest in Comp/Comm
      • IP Annual – Goals and planning for 2022
  • Roundtable breakout sessions – 45 minutes (5:45p-6:30p)
  • Reporting out from breakout sessions – 15 minutes (6:30p-6:45p)
  • Close out and business for next year – 45 minutes (6:45p-7:30p)
    • Standing Group proposal
      • Topic selection and planning
      • Designation of responsible parties
    • Election – Junior Chair for 2022-2023 season
  • Adjournment of 2020-2022 Business Meeting

I will attempt to open the room a little early (around 4:45pm Eastern) for interested folks to socialize and settle in with a nice cup of tea.

See you all soon!

Very Respectfully,

Clancy Ratliff

Mar 14, 2022, 10:31:59 AM3/14/22
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, kyleds...@gmail.com, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, hal...@purdue.edu, mike.e...@wsu.edu, jga...@fau.edu, morganc...@gmail.com
See you all soon! I can only stay for the first hour and 20 minutes of the meeting; I have another meeting at 5:30 Central time.

Clancy Ratliff, Ph.D.
Professor
Assistant Department Head
Department of English
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
http://culturecat.net/portfolio/

Gainer, Kim

Mar 14, 2022, 10:42:26 AM3/14/22
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, kyleds...@gmail.com, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, hal...@purdue.edu, mike.e...@wsu.edu, jga...@fau.edu, morganc...@gmail.com

I can attend for the first hour.

Dr. Kim D. Gainer

Professor of English and Associate Dean,

College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences

Radford University

Radford, VA 24142-6940

Hemphill Hall 3405

540-831-5154

Mar 14, 2022, 10:45:42 AM3/14/22
to Gainer, Kim, hal...@purdue.edu, intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, jga...@fau.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, kyleds...@gmail.com, mike.e...@wsu.edu, morganc...@gmail.com
I will be able to attend the first 45 minutes or so, probably via the phone link.  Thanks, Karen
--
Karen Lunsford, PhD
Associate Professor of Writing

Cubbison, Laurie

Mar 14, 2022, 12:06:10 PM3/14/22
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, Gainer, Kim, hal...@purdue.edu, jga...@fau.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, kyleds...@gmail.com, mike.e...@wsu.edu, morganc...@gmail.com

I won’t make it. I’m having oral surgery this afternoon, and I expect to be very loopy afterward.

Laurie Cubbison

Professor of English, Coordinator of the GTA/GTF Mentoring Program

lcub...@radford.edu

Department of English      Radford University     Box 6935     Radford VA 24142

Timothy Amidon

Mar 14, 2022, 1:30:22 PM3/14/22
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, hal...@purdue.edu, jga...@fau.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, kyleds...@gmail.com, mike.e...@wsu.edu, morganc...@gmail.com
Thank, Alex,

I’ll miss you all tonight.

Warmly,
tra

Timothy R. Amidon, Ph.D.
Associate Professor | Department of English | Colorado State University
Associate Professor | Department of Environmental and Occupational Health | Colorado School of Public Health
Co-Editor | Praxis and Topoi Sections | Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, & Pedagogy
pronouns | he, him, his

Clancy Ratliff

Mar 14, 2022, 2:56:06 PM3/14/22
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, kyleds...@gmail.com, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, hal...@purdue.edu, mike.e...@wsu.edu, jga...@fau.edu, morganc...@gmail.com
New plan! I do not have to leave early after all (yay), but I will be joining a few minutes late due to a kid pickup.

Clancy Ratliff, Ph.D.
Professor
Assistant Department Head
Department of English
University of Louisiana at Lafayette
http://culturecat.net/portfolio/

Edwards, Mike

Mar 14, 2022, 4:03:26 PM3/14/22
to Timothy Amidon, intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, hal...@purdue.edu, jga...@fau.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, kyleds...@gmail.com, morganc...@gmail.com

Looking forward! I hope all are well. As insulated from current events as this CCCC seems to have been, I hope we might have some things to say about topics like

  • the 2000+ arrests in Russia over free speech
  • who owns national languages
  • countries’ nationalization of foreign IP assets
  • citizen journalism at bellingcat and elsewhere
  • social media protests and truth-claims
  • hashtag activism

Take care,

Mike

Karen Lunsford

Mar 14, 2022, 5:58:23 PM3/14/22
to intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, Timothy Amidon, hal...@purdue.edu, jga...@fau.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, kyleds...@gmail.com, morganc...@gmail.com
Hi folks, It turns out that I’m not able to attend, but I will follow up with y’all about the IP Annual.  Thanks! Karen

Edwards, Mike

Mar 19, 2022, 3:25:31 PM3/19/22
to Timothy Amidon, intellectual-p...@googlegroups.com, hal...@purdue.edu, jga...@fau.edu, kan...@tamu.edu, klun...@writing.ucsb.edu, kyleds...@gmail.com, morganc...@gmail.com

Hi all,

I notice CCCC has disappeared the “we own your content” IP agreement from the conference website. I thought we had discussed that problematic requirement to sign the agreement on the list, but I can’t find it in the archives. Does anybody have a copy of the agreement?

I’m still puzzled by this year’s decision to abandon aievolution and go with forj.ai, and I’m wondering if some of the pushback the organizers received about IP from the aievolution “we own your content” agreement contributed to the decision to switch to forj.ai.

Thanks,

Mike