Local Gateway Status 404?

Corey Weir

Apr 25, 2019, 9:44:07 AM4/25/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
I used the Local Gateway and Pollit successfully last year to deliver some short text surveys and I was hoping to do it again this summer.

However, when I just tried to set up the Local Gateway, I received an error message "Cannot start: received HTTP status code: 404"

Does the Local Gateway service at http://nuntium.instedd.com not work anymore?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey

Kakada Chheang

Apr 25, 2019, 10:26:34 AM4/25/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Dear Corey,

Please change the endpoint to use HTTPs instead of HTTP as Nuntium was migrated to use HTTPs since several years ago.

Hope this helps.
Kakada

Corey Weir

Apr 25, 2019, 10:32:45 AM4/25/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
I tried that but I still get the same error.

Thanks,
Corey

Corey Weir

Kakada Chheang

Apr 29, 2019, 10:23:55 AM4/29/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Dear Corey,

Could you please provide us screenshot of your Nuntium Local Gateway app setting?

FYI, Nuntium server is running properly.

Best,
Kakada

On Mon, Apr 29, 2019, 9:20 PM Corey Weir <corey....@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Corey Weir

Apr 29, 2019, 10:45:01 AM4/29/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group

Hi Kakada,

I have attached a screenshot of the app setting.

One thing I have noted is that the Country always remains as "Anguila" even though I try to choose "Canada".

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Corey

On Monday, April 29, 2019 at 11:53:55 AM UTC-2:30, Kakada Chheang wrote:
[...]

Screenshot_20190429-120039.png

Corey Weir

Apr 30, 2019, 1:40:32 PM4/30/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Wondering if there was any assistance with this issue?

Corey Weir

May 3, 2019, 11:30:20 AM5/3/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Anyone? Please help me.

Matías García Isaía

May 3, 2019, 1:34:06 PM5/3/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corey!

Sorry for the delay.

There's some issue going on with the Local Gateway's (old) code and the HTTPs protocol Nuntium is currently using to keep communications secure.

For now, we've re-enabled access to Nuntium via (non-secure) HTTP. We'll try & release a new version of the Local Gateway soon(ish) to make it work via secure HTTPs once again - and will let you know then, so you can update your apps.

Thanks for the nudge, and let us know how that goes.

Mati

Corey Weir

May 6, 2019, 7:55:35 AM5/6/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Hi Mattias!

Thanks for getting back to me.

I can connect to Nuntium now using the default settings in the app.

However, there is now another issue.

The app will send the confirmation message ("Reply YES to agree to participate in this poll") to my respondent list.

When I respond ("YES"), the app does not send the next question in the survey.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

On Friday, May 3, 2019 at 3:04:06 PM UTC-2:30, Matías García Isaía wrote:
Hi Corey!

Sorry for the delay.

There's some issue going on with the Local Gateway's (old) code and the HTTPs protocol Nuntium is currently using to keep communications secure.

For now, we've re-enabled access to Nuntium via (non-secure) HTTP. We'll try & release a new version of the Local Gateway soon(ish) to make it work via secure HTTPs once again - and will let you know then, so you can update your apps.

Thanks for the nudge, and let us know how that goes.

Mati

Corey Weir

May 7, 2019, 12:23:30 PM5/7/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
UPDATE: Now I keep receiving "Error connecting to messaging server." messages.

Please help!

Matías García Isaía

May 8, 2019, 11:43:14 AM5/8/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corey!

We've found some issues with Nuntium since Sunday, and we're working on them. I think we have already solved them on the short-term, but we're working on a permanent fix in Nuntium to avoid hitting the same issue in the future.

Could you please try again and let us know the current status?

I know I was able to send an AO and receive an AT on Friday, when I first replied to you. So I hope that works?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/instedd-tech/6d00ff4d-0138-4a35-afbd-1d8628069a4d%40googlegroups.com.

Corey Weir

May 8, 2019, 2:07:16 PM5/8/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
No, it is still performing the same behavior:

1. The app will send the confirmation message ("Reply YES to agree to participate in this poll") to my respondent list.
2. When I respond ("YES"), the app does not send the next question in the survey.

The Nuntium Gateway app shows the message "Send 'YES' to application from +1709#######'.' but the application never sends the first question of the poll.

Any ideas?

On Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 1:13:14 PM UTC-2:30, Matías García Isaía wrote:
Hi Corey!

We've found some issues with Nuntium since Sunday, and we're working on them. I think we have already solved them on the short-term, but we're working on a permanent fix in Nuntium to avoid hitting the same issue in the future.

Could you please try again and let us know the current status?

I know I was able to send an AO and receive an AT on Friday, when I first replied to you. So I hope that works?

Corey Weir

May 14, 2019, 1:50:36 PM5/14/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Wondering if there's been any updates or suggestions?

Thanks,
Corey

Nicolas di Tada

May 20, 2019, 11:33:03 AM5/20/19
to instedd-tech@googlegroups.com instedd-tech@googlegroups.com
Hi Corey,

Do you see the “YES” message that you are responding with, in the Nuntium app? If you can do a test and send us the exact date and time, we can take a look at the logs in the Nuntium server and see if there’s any hint there.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/instedd-tech/c3a6eec5-bb58-4d15-8ec3-26a542084177%40googlegroups.com.

Corey Weir

May 21, 2019, 9:05:16 AM5/21/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Hi Nicolas,

I do see the "YES" message I am responding with in the Nuntium app. Please see the attached screenshot taken today (May 21 2019) at 10:25 AM.

Please let me know if you find something to help.

Thanks,
Corey

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 1:03:03 PM UTC-2:30, Nicolas di Tada wrote:
Hi Corey,

Do you see the “YES” message that you are responding with, in the Nuntium app? If you can do a test and send us the exact date and time, we can take a look at the logs in the Nuntium server and see if there’s any hint there.
20190521_102750.jpg

Corey Weir

May 27, 2019, 7:32:21 AM5/27/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Any updates?

Matías García Isaía

May 27, 2019, 11:34:17 AM5/27/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corey!

I'll probably take a look at this during this week, and will definitely keep you posted.

Sorry for the delays.

Mati

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/instedd-tech/5189383a-7134-443c-800a-0042dd57514c%40googlegroups.com.

Matías García Isaía

May 30, 2019, 5:38:18 PM5/30/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corey!

Which software are using to run the poll? Is it Pollit, Surveda?

Matías García Isaía

May 30, 2019, 8:21:20 PM5/30/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corey!

Just re read your first email and saw you're using Pollit. I'll keep trying to find the issue tomorrow.

Matías García Isaía

May 31, 2019, 8:23:48 PM5/31/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corey!

It seems that we've managed to fix the issue. There was an error similar to the first one (non-secure HTTP vs HTTPs) between Nuntium (the SMS software) and Pollit (the poll software) that was preventing the polls to work as expected.

Now I've managed to run a really small poll - and it works.

I've found some "Unexpected fatal error" comming up to the Local Gateway after I set it up with Pollit's wizard - and couldn't check it yet. Please let me know if you too get that - but the poll should work anyway.

Hope this helps.

Mati

Corey Weir

Jun 4, 2019, 8:00:17 AM6/4/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
Hi Matias,

Thanks for looking into this ongoing issue! I can verify that a small poll I made (2 questions) seems to be working, even with the "Error connecting to messaging server" message still appearing after the initial "Sent Reply YES to agree to participate in this poll to +<number>" message.

I will make a longer poll and see if it remains working.

I'll be in touch!

Thanks,
Corey

On Friday, May 31, 2019 at 9:53:48 PM UTC-2:30, Matías García Isaía wrote:
Hi Corey!

Corey Weir

Jun 4, 2019, 8:11:36 AM6/4/19
to InSTEDD Technology Users Group
One other thing ... on the Pollit website, the Summary tab no longer shows the poll results in graph form. The option to Download in CSV still works but the graphs do not.

Is this something that can be fixed on your end?

Thanks,
Corey

Matías García Isaía

Jun 5, 2019, 3:20:29 PM6/5/19
to insted...@googlegroups.com
Hi Corey!

They may still persist some other similar issues - but I've just fixed that one with the Summary graph.

Cheers,
Mati

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/instedd-tech/e8e24193-2513-4295-b038-01cc64af1d1b%40googlegroups.com.