INN Barn

Collector

Jun 2, 2019, 4:57:11 PM6/2/19
to ImagiNation Network Revival Project
Since the Revival is dead we have not been able to enjoy INN. But now a new project has come to fruition. INN Barn, from INN alum James Leiterman. He has recreated the server and even though it is still in development it is on-line. Most games are functional, including several that did not work under the Revival. The Revival INN client has issues with Barn, so it is recommended that you use the Barn installer. You can see the announcement with download links on this Sierra Help Pages forum post -- http://sierrahelp.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5226

[MRA]Thor

Jul 16, 2019, 3:26:09 AM7/16/19
to ImagiNation Network Revival Project
Its awesome! I've been using it for a few months now. I had no issue with my INN Revival client though, you just need to make the necessary file changes.

Jane Verzi - Prow

Jul 29, 2019, 1:00:26 PM7/29/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Is there a MAC expert in the house?  I tried to help someone who wants to get into INNBarn, but alas I know NADA about MAC's.  The file structure is a tad different and that threw me at first but I cannot figure out how to help her.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 12:26 AM [MRA]Thor <jeffr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Its awesome! I've been using it for a few months now. I had no issue with my INN Revival client though, you just need to make the necessary file changes.

Sincerely,

Jane Verzi-Prow
My new phone number is 614/822-1871.

Daniel Mckee

Jul 29, 2019, 1:24:57 PM7/29/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
depending on what is exactly the issue, I don't believe the installs would work, as they were made for a "pc" not mac. Mac installs require a .dmg file type to install, while PC use .exe I believe that would actually be a question for the developer/programer of the .exe file. I think the easiest way for your friend to be able to use the program would be to run a virtual windows on their Mac, which is possible with bootcamp.

Jane Verzi - Prow

Jul 29, 2019, 9:17:10 PM7/29/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com
Daniel, would you mind talking to her to help her do the virtual thing?  I don't know how to help her at this point.

xaGe

Jul 29, 2019, 9:48:07 PM7/29/19
to ImagiNation Network Revival Project
There is no "install" needed for innproxy.exe. For them to use innbarn they would need to run innproxy.exe through WINE on Mac just as I do on Linux. Otherwise they could run innproxy.exe from any windows PC on there network and connect it internal network IP. This just covers the proxy part of it, they still need to have dosbox installed, a copy of the INN client software with the modem line of the lsci.cfg set to "ATDTlocalhost:30000!~" (minus quotes) for instance if you run the innproxy on the same computer as the inn client software.

Daniel Mckee

Jul 30, 2019, 3:24:07 AM7/30/19
to innre...@googlegroups.com

My apologies, I responded before looking through the site (innbarn.com) and looking at the compatibility option for other OS's. There is a PDF file on the innbarn.com site (with the actual program file downloads) that lists the things you will need to change in the configuration files for the proxy to work.

Here is the link for the WINE program that xaGe mentioned, that will help you run it on MAC.

https://www.winehq.org

It would be easier to use then having to use bootcamp to set up a windows environment on the MAC.
Also just in case your friend does not have it, here's the link for DOS BOX application.

https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBox_and_Mac_OS_X

On Monday, July 29, 2019 xaGe <innre...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
There is no "install" needed for innproxy.exe. For them to use innbarn they would need to run innproxy.exe through WINE on Mac just as I do on Linux. Otherwise they could run innproxy.exe from any windows PC on there network and connect it internal network IP. This just covers the proxy part of it, they still need to have dosbox installed, a copy of the INN client software with the modem line of the lsci.cfg set to "ATDTlocalhost:30000!~" (minus quotes) for instance if you run the innproxy on the same computer as the inn client software.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/innrevival/41ed0b6b-81c7-4723-a281-a70beff759c7%40googlegroups.com.

Jeffrey Paul Ginter

Jul 30, 2019, 5:01:30 PM7/30/19
to INN Revival
Yeah I that was my thinking as well running innproxy via WINE on a Mac(or Linux) is lighter than running a full blown vm for windows to run 1 tiny program, but not sure if either method would be easy for this person to do themselves. I'm very fimiliar with wine on linux, but no idea how you would install wine on a Mac.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ImagiNation Network Revival Project" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/innrevival/1844240011.1740264.1564471445021%40mail.yahoo.com.