Installer fails while extracting jar files

Ed Sowell

May 20, 2022, 12:41:11 PM5/20/22
to innosetup

For years I've used Inno Setup to build the installer for my rather large Windows app created with NetBeans. Recently, Inno Setup Run began to fail while extracting the jar files. When this happens the dialog is frozen on the screen, completely unresponsive. The only way I and get rid of it is to reboot Windows. I've discovered that after the reboot if I go to the app installation directory (in Program Files (x86) ) and delete all the lib jar files manually the installer works.

After [Files] section I have:

[InstallDelete] Type: files; Name: "{app}\CBDocs\ConcoursBuilderUser.ini";

This has always worked, but now apparently doesn't work.

I'm using Inno Setetup compiler 6.2.1.

Any ideas?

Bill Stewart

May 21, 2022, 9:08:50 PM5/21/22
to innosetup
Nothing beyond what has already been stated here:

(Asking the same question with the same limited information will elicit the same response - post a minimal working example)

Eivind Bakkestuen

May 22, 2022, 6:44:46 AM5/22/22
to inno...@googlegroups.com
I'll make a guess and say the Windows antivirus doesn't like your JARs.