Currents to high

Stijn Walbers

Sep 2, 2021, 3:15:45 PM9/2/21
to InMoov
Hi Gael,

Your design is fantastic.
I'm building my first hand.
I soldered the pcbs. Is there a scheme to take measurements with the multimeter.
I thought I read this once in this group but I can't find it again.
There was a man who created some kind of measurement chart
Could you help me? My currents are too high.

With best regards,
Stijn Walbers

gael langevin

Sep 2, 2021, 3:45:28 PM9/2/21
to Stijn Walbers, InMoov
Hello,
To check what can be wrong here is how to proceed:

STEP14

Once everything is welded and ribbon cables are connected to the mini breakout board, Marten suggest to run a test with a multimeter.

Quote: “It’s better to check first the resistance between the Plus and GND connection(s) with a MultiMeter (Resistance mode) !
To do this:
Before mounting the Arduino to the Nervo board, measure between the Plus and GND Power input(s).
Everything is fine, when there is no resistance between these connections.
To find out where it’s wrong, disconnect step by step the NervoBoards at the Servo side…
And after each step, measure the Plus and GND connection(s) again, until there is no resistance any more.
In most cases, there’s something wrong with a flat-ribbon-cable.”

Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov