Hi Guys, Newbie here with a few questions

Sep 21, 2021, 1:31:39 AM9/21/21
to InMoov
Just getting the bits sorted for the finger starter kit.

based in the uk, what do people recommend to start with , the arms and hands or start off with the head.

It looks like the arms are very "servo" heavy and looking at the cost, its quite expensive, i know the BOM is a few years old, is there any other cheaper alternative for the HK15298B  as they are quite expensive, also is there any where else to get them other than the hobbyking store?

I look forward to starting the project, have been watching the website for a long time before i decided to start the project.

Thanks

Les Cahan

Oct 13, 2021, 12:24:09 PM10/13/21
to InMoov
I'm in the same situation.  I'd be willing to pay even a bit more for the servo motors--I find the HK15298B motors are not available---others have recommended alternatives, but I'm concerned as to whether or not the 3 d printed parts will be the right size for other motors.  Can anyone make suggestions?  Thanks

Attila Herhof

Oct 13, 2021, 2:13:39 PM10/13/21
to InMoov

Dear Eeveryíbody,

I thought a lot about how to feel the power of the grip / fingers on an object well.  There were several methods here – hall sensors, conductor sponge compression.

The current is proportional to the motor torque/force. If we measure the current, we also know the force exerted. We know it’s caught something, we know what force he’s squeezing. hat is, the current consumption of the servo motor must be measured per finger, on the basis of which it can even be regulated. Don’t need any extra sensors at the end of fingers. If we want to be simpler, we can measure the current consumption of the 5 fingers at once, this can also be evaluated as a function of the movement of the fingers.

f course, a few things need to be considered, such as the speed of movement, because it also depends on the current, but this can be handled by software.

Has anyone tried to control this way?

Best regards,

Attila

Attila Herhof

Oct 13, 2021, 2:54:09 PM10/13/21
to InMoov
I use the MG946R servo motors for the fingers. It's very cheap (~2 dollar/piece). I think it's enough for the fingers. This will be revealed in the future, I have only used little.

There are cheaper ones that are not metal gears, but I don't think they are so durable.

Attila

gael langevin

Oct 16, 2021, 6:01:08 PM10/16/21
to Attila Herhof, InMoov
Hello and welcome,
Yes I used this servo mainly only on the wrist because they are pretty noisy and tend to burn easily but I found out that they have been copied and manufactured by many various companies.
It has become difficult to buy the genuine.
Gael Langevin
Creator of InMoov
InMoov Robot
@inmoov