Hello Everyone Question?

Crew Haefner

Sep 23, 2021, 12:00:19 AM9/23/21
to InMoov
Hi my name is Crew and I'm a robotic Engineering major at The Pennsylvania College of Technology. I am tasked with completing a senior project and have been looking to build this robot for years and now finally have the opportunity. I was just wondering from a couple of you guys that have completed or have gotten close to completing this project, how long in your opinions would it take to complete?

Thanks so much and hope to hear back!

S P

Sep 25, 2021, 2:40:16 AM9/25/21
to Crew Haefner, InMoov
2 months printing 3D part
Overall 5 months for completed all.

On Thu, 23 Sep 2564 BE at 11:00 Crew Haefner <18haefn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi my name is Crew and I'm a robotic Engineering major at The Pennsylvania College of Technology. I am tasked with completing a senior project and have been looking to build this robot for years and now finally have the opportunity. I was just wondering from a couple of you guys that have completed or have gotten close to completing this project, how long in your opinions would it take to complete?

Thanks so much and hope to hear back!

Shido Xen

Sep 25, 2021, 1:01:18 PM9/25/21
to InMoov
If you have everything printed and all the supplies on hand, screw sizes, wiring and everything you need and more or less know what you are doing. Only a few days if you were not going for cosmetic jobs and know exactly what you are doing.
In most cases people are building the robot for the first time and don't know exactly what they are doing so it takes time to get into the groove and fill those knowledge gaps. Calibrating servos, calibrating for potentiometer placement, potentiometer extraction, finger tension, etc etc

Of course printing taking the most time.  Nextly learning how to use it with myrobotlab will take a little time to get things worked out as well.

So the answer is......it can be done fairly quickly......depending on your print and material situation and knowledge of the general how to process.

Will take some people a year, take some people a month, all depends on your setup.  I'm fairly sure I could put one together in about 3-4 days with all the parts preprinted and materials on hand at this point.   Wouldn't be a fun few days but doable. :9

David Breski

Sep 27, 2021, 3:54:22 PM9/27/21
to InMoov
3 months printing - over 6 months building, mostly waiting for supplies.   Currently waiting on backordered servos - these have been biggest delays -