Request for addition of Stranvaesia nussia

Sunit Singh

Jul 13, 2022, 3:44:26 AM7/13/22
to efloraofindia
Dear mentors, I hope you're doing well. Here I'm attaching the images of Stranvaesia nussia not have been posted yet from India.

Captured Ukhimath Uttarakhand
Altitude 2100 m amsl

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh
Alpine Research Scholar

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
07/13/22, 01:14:54 PM

D.S Rawat

Jul 13, 2022, 7:23:45 AM7/13/22
to eFloraofIndia
New record to Indian flora I suppose!
Not listed in Indian checklist or Checklist of Uttarakhand.
Well done.

DSRawat, Pantnagar

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 13, 2022, 7:27:48 AM7/13/22
to efloraindia, Sunit Singh, J.M. Garg
Dear Sunit Ji ,

Please check if the ID posted from Nepal is correct ?

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 13, 2022, 1:07:06 PM7/13/22
to Sunit Singh, efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you Sunit Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022 at 6:53 PM Sunit Singh <botani...@gmail.com> wrote:
yes sir, checked.

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh
Alpine Research Scholar

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
07/13/22, 06:43:37 PM

GOPAL SINGH Rawat

Jul 13, 2022, 10:16:53 PM7/13/22
to eFloraofIndia
Please check the synonymy. I think, it is listed in the flora of Uttarakhand as well as FBI under Stranvaesia glaucescens.
GS Rawat
---

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 13, 2022, 10:58:53 PM7/13/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Sunit Singh, GOPAL SINGH Rawat
It has got distribution in India according to the POWO,GBIF, CoL and IBP.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sunit Singh

Jul 14, 2022, 1:59:34 AM7/14/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, GOPAL SINGH Rawat
Thank you esteemed mentors for the information, highly thankful.

Thanks & Regards
Sunit Singh
Alpine Research Scholar

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
07/14/22, 11:30:20 AM

D.S Rawat

Jul 14, 2022, 4:19:13 AM7/14/22
to eFloraofIndia

Yes, it is reported in Gaur, 1999 (Flora of the District Garhwal Northwest Himalaya). The citations in it show that species is also mentioned in Flora of Chamoli vol-1 by Naithani (1984). In The Flora of British India it is described at page 382 of Volume 2 under the name Stravensia glaucescens Lindl. Osmaston 1927 (A Forest Flora for Kumaon) also described it at page 221 under the same name Stravensia glaucescens Lindl. This shows that the species is mentioned under different names in different floras. Even in Uniyal et al. 2007 (Flowering Plants of Uttarakhand A Checklist) is listed under the name Photinia nussia (D.Don) Kalkman and same name is used in Rosaceae of Flora of Nepal.

In flora of India checklist (online) listed it under the name Photinia nussia (Buch.Ham. ex D. Don) Kalkman (to see click here)

Currently accepted name of this species is Stranvaesia nussia (Buch.Ham. ex D. Don) Decne in POWO which is not used in Flora of India checklist (online) or in Hard copy (Mao & Dash, 2020) which prompted me to say it is new to Indian flora, which it is not.

Synonyms must also be checked before any conclusion, which I didn't and so my sincere apologies for this.

DSRawat, Pantnagar