a wild basil

sibdas ghosh

Jun 24, 2009, 10:45:52 AM6/24/09
to indiantreepix
Is it an Ocimum sp.? From Bhalukpong, Assam.
100_1156.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 16, 2009, 3:03:14 AM7/16/09
to indiantreepix

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

100_1156.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2009, 10:09:08 AM8/8/09
to indiantreepix, sibdas

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Aug 8, 2009, 10:34:28 AM8/8/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, sibdas
The plant reminds me of Isodon rugosus, formerly Plectranthus rugosus.

Gurcharan Singh

sibdas ghosh

Aug 8, 2009, 11:42:39 AM8/8/09
to Gurcharan Singh-sify, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Isodon is one more candidate. Morphologically it looks quite similar
(from my website knowledge). Considering that I.rugosus grows at an
alt. 1700- 2500 mt., may we exclude that possibility? It looks to me
closer to either O.gratissimum or O. basilicum.( or even Coleus
forskohlii

Gurcharan Singh-sify

Aug 8, 2009, 11:58:03 AM8/8/09
to sibdas ghosh, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Ocimum gratissimum, O. basilicum or Coleus forskohlii never have such a wide
spreading inflorescence. Not these three atleast. If not Isodon rugosus, let
us explore further.

sibdas ghosh

Aug 8, 2009, 1:28:06 PM8/8/09
to Gurcharan Singh-sify, J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
Thank you very much for more information. I am now inclined to agree
with you, Ocimum and Coleus have not such spreading inflorescence.
This is a plant from Bhalukpong about 500 mt at the foothill and at
best 2ft. in height and flowered in May-June. Isodon grows at much
higher altitude, grows 3-4 ft. in height, flowers in July. Still there
is good possibility of its being an Isodon rugosus specimen. Thanks
once again.

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2009, 6:28:44 AM8/9/09
to indiantreepix
Here is some feedback from Pushpa Kumari ji from BSI, Kolkata:
"it may be an Ocimum sps."

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 12, 2021, 2:25:59 AM10/12/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Isodon rugosus ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 12, 2021, 2:27:05 AM10/12/21
to indiantreepix, Sibdas Ghosh
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as  Isodon rugosus ?
Group discussion at

Oct 12, 2021, 2:44:49 AM10/12/21
to efloraindia, Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, Sibdas Ghosh
Not I. rugosus. Image quality not good for ID !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju