245 ID wild plant Rauvolfia sp.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2022, 4:14:14 AM1/6/22
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 25.10.2021, 01.20pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, waste land, roadside

Plant habit: small shrub, creeping, erect branches, hard stem 03 inches base diameter, perennial

Height: 04.5 feet

Leaves: whorled (03), ovate, oblong, apex, wavy margins, soft glossy, size:15×6cm or less

Flower: axillary racemose, clustered, diameter:10mm, white with purple shade, non fragrant

Fruit: drupe globular green into black diameter:11mm, edible sweet

Seed: black single, ovoid pear shaped size:6×4mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

245 Identify wild plant
20211025_131829.jpg
20211025_131846.jpg
20211025_133423.jpg
20211025_133400.jpg
20211025_133512.jpg
20211025_131942.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2022, 4:20:25 AM1/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211025_132244.jpg
20211025_132614.jpg
20211025_132401.jpg
20211025_132635.jpg
20211025_132320.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2022, 4:24:16 AM1/6/22
to efloraofindia
This plant have latex, sharing more images.
20211025_132543.jpg
20211030_154253.jpg
20211025_133039.jpg
20211025_132149.jpg
20211025_132833.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2022, 4:26:45 AM1/6/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20211025_132751.jpg
20211025_132903.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 6, 2022, 5:42:14 AM1/6/22
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Rauvolfia verticillata (Lour.) Baill.??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 3:11 PM Sam Kuzhalanattu <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sharing more images

On Thu, 6 Jan 2022, 2:53 pm Sam Kuzhalanattu, <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
This plant have latex, sharing more images.

On Thu, 6 Jan 2022, 2:49 pm Sam Kuzhalanattu, <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sharing more images

On Thu, 6 Jan 2022, 2:43 pm Sam Kuzhalanattu, <samkuzh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 25.10.2021, 01.20pm

Habitat: wild, moisture, waste land, roadside

Plant habit: small shrub, creeping, erect branches, hard stem 03 inches base diameter, perennial

Height: 04.5 feet

Leaves: whorled (03), ovate, oblong, apex, wavy margins, soft glossy, size:15×6cm or less

Flower: axillary racemose, clustered, diameter:10mm, white with purple shade, non fragrant

Fruit: drupe globular green into black diameter:11mm, edible sweet

Seed: black single, ovoid pear shaped size:6×4mm

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 6, 2022, 7:48:24 AM1/6/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Flower is not matching dear Garg ji, center of my flower is closed, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jan 10, 2022, 4:38:03 AM1/10/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Appears close to images at Rauvolfia serpentina (L.) Benth. ex Kurz
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 10, 2022, 10:49:20 AM1/10/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Dear Garg ji,
My ID request 179 is Rauvolfia serpentina, I am sure that this plant have something  difference, so it is not Rauvolfia serpentina, please check collage, 2nd row is 179, with kind regards, Sam.
20220110_211621.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jan 10, 2022, 11:19:54 AM1/10/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju
I agree with Saroj ji for Rauvolfia verticellata,
not only vegetative characters fruit also ovoid.....verticellata
Fruit globose.........serpentaiana.

With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
01/10/22, 09:45:59 PM

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 11, 2022, 7:10:11 AM1/11/22
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you Paradesi Ji !

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jan 14, 2022, 9:46:12 AM1/14/22
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
What is worrying me is the protruding style (?) and pinkish throat which I do not see in Rauvolfia verticillata (Lour.) Baill.
There is another species i.e. Rauvolfia hookeri reported from Kerala as per FoPI.
But I do not find much material or keys to verify or otherwise. Pl. see:
https://www.gbif.org/species/3617946

Any clue?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jan 18, 2022, 1:25:15 AM1/18/22
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Any feedback w.r.t. the protruding style (?) and pinkish throat which I do not see in Rauvolfia verticillata (Lour.) Baill.?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

santhos...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 2:26:41 AM1/18/22
to efloraofindia
Dear All,
The plant in question is Rauvolfia micrantha Hook.f., a critically endangered and endemic species of Kerala. Attached another photographs here.

IMG_3810.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 18, 2022, 2:30:21 AM1/18/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Dr E S Santhosh Kumar
Thank you very much dear Garg ji for provide the link, Santhosh ji confirmed it as Rauvolfia micrantha Hook.f., Fl. Brit. India
With kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Jan 18, 2022, 2:54:18 AM1/18/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, santhosh kumar es, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks a lot, Santhosh ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 18, 2022, 3:08:38 AM1/18/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, santhosh kumar es, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, Saroj Kasaju
Dear Garg ji, Saroj ji, Santhosh ji, Paradesi ji, all Members,
Thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.