ID Required for Leh Flowers 1

Nudrat Sayed

Sep 15, 2010, 2:19:32 PM9/15/10
to indiantreepix
Hello All,

This plant was photographed by a friend of mine hence i cant give any information about it. My guess is that this plant is Ephedra however i may be wrong

--
Regards
Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

2b.jpg
1a.jpg
1b.jpg
2a.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 15, 2010, 4:43:25 PM9/15/10
to Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
Yes doc, this is Ephedra, forgot the species name :(.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

tanay bose

Sep 15, 2010, 7:21:12 PM9/15/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
I think Ephedra viridis
Tanay

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Nudrat Sayed <nudrat.cat@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
> This plant was photographed by a friend of mine hence i cant give any
> information about it. My guess is that this plant is Ephedra however i may
> be wrong
>
> --
> Regards
> Dr. Sayed Nudrat Zawar

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
            604-822-2019 (Lab)

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 15, 2010, 7:34:19 PM9/15/10
to tanay bose, Pankaj Kumar, Nudrat Sayed, indiantreepix
Ephedra gerardiana

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

shrikant ingalhalikar

Sep 15, 2010, 10:20:43 PM9/15/10
to efloraofindia
Images 1a and 1b are of Tanacetum gracile. Images 2a and 2b are of
Ephedra gerardiana. Regards, Shrikant
>  2b.jpg
> 55KViewDownload
>
>  1a.jpg
> 131KViewDownload
>
>  1b.jpg
> 41KViewDownload
>
>  2a.jpg
> 146KViewDownload

tanay bose

Sep 15, 2010, 10:42:55 PM9/15/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thanks for correcting me Sir Ji and Shrikant Ji
tanay

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 16, 2010, 1:24:22 AM9/16/10
to tanay bose, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Sorry for not noticing 1a and 1b earlier. I think they belong to A. artemisioides Sch.-Bip which has larger heads than T. gracile.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 16, 2010, 1:25:14 AM9/16/10
to tanay bose, shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Sorry I meant Tanacetum artemisioides Sch.-Bip

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Nudrat

Sep 17, 2010, 4:35:40 PM9/17/10
to efloraofindia
Thank you all for giving the correct ids. There are some more that i
will be posting that require identification. They all belong to Leh-
Laddakh region but since hey are not my pics but have been taken by a
frnd i wont be able to give any information about them. Sorry for that

On Sep 16, 10:25 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I meant Tanacetum artemisioides Sch.-Bip
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 10:24 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Sorry for not noticing 1a and 1b earlier. I think they belong to A.
> > artemisioides Sch.-Bip which has larger heads than T. gracile.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> >> *Tanay Bose*

JM Garg

Jul 9, 2022, 7:29:56 AM7/9/22
to efloraofindia, Nudrat, GurcharanSingh
I think these images also look close to those at Ajania fruticulosa (Ledeb.) Poljakov

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 9, 2022, 9:33:03 AM7/9/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Nudrat, GurcharanSingh
I guess Image 2/3  are as you have suggested .

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Anil Thakur

Jul 10, 2022, 7:27:19 AM7/10/22
to eFloraofIndia
Beautiful close ups of male cones of  Ephedra gerardiana (Click 1 & 4).

Regards

JM Garg

Jul 19, 2022, 2:20:45 AM7/19/22
to efloraofindia
Jul 19, 2022, 2:22:09 AM7/19/22
to efloraofindia
Jul 19, 2022, 2:23:10 AM7/19/22
to efloraofindia, Nudrat
I feel it may be Ephedra intermedia Schrenk & C.A.Mey. as per differences at Ephedra intermedia vs Ephedra gerardiana and as per POWO and GBIF specimens unlike those of Ephedra gerardiana at POWO and GBIF specimens.
Pl. confirm or otherwise.

With regards,
J.M.Garg
2b.jpg